(Guide) Botting on Mobile

RONTAG

17 minutes ago, Artilleryman37 said:

Ankulua is a great clicker bot. Easy image detection and can make swipes and pinch inputs. Also you can write lua scripts to control the bot better. For example using if statements to check hp via image detection before looking for monsters etc.

I just downloaded an apk of the runescape app and managed to extract it and convert it into its java source code using jadx on mobile. Im a complete java noob but couldnt a skilled programmer use that to add botting features and compile a new modded client. As far as i can tell i can just recompile the code as an apk in aide and it will run as intended. And thats just with mobile apps. No telling what someone who knows java and is using a pc could do.

I'd be interest to take a look about, but I've never build a botting client.

There's been talk about botting on mobile way before the release and from what I've gathered:

• Building a bot would require root access to the phone, which most users won't ever do.
  • Injection/reflection is harder and more limited on mobile.
  • More of a hassle when the desktop version works fine.
  • Internet connection is unreliable if you're out and about.

These are all fair critiques. However, I'll stick to what I've said in the past: The first botting community to build and support a working OSRS mobile bot client will corner the entire cheating community.

Users love innovation and playing OSRS on mobile is a completely different experience. While there are challenges, that doesn't make it impossible.

Process hooking on mobile does require root access and also from what i can tell is a pain to do but a modified client built from the original client source code wouldnt be process hooking because youre code is part of the original program. I dont know enough to know how hard it would be to add your own features to the existing clients source code but i can tell you the source code is easy to get.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is almost an easy way to accomplish this on Android already but it requires using a custom build of Termux to add necessary permissions.

1. Install Termux and XDSL server apps from play store.

2. Install necessary packages in Termux: wget, git, and optionally "openssh" to ease setup using a desktop/laptop.

3. Install a proot'ed distro aka an user space chroot'ed environment such as Arch Linux into Termux. I recommend https://github.com/sdrausty/termux-archlinux 

4. Assuming you went with Arch Linux, startarch and use pacman install full Java jre, xtigervnc

5. Run Xvnc

6. Download and run osbot

7. Open XDSL server and connect

Obviously that's just an overview of the process as I didn't list the commands but if you understand it then you can do it in about 30 mins.

Mission accomplished.

Only thing that is a pain is working around the permission problem. Osbot wants raw socket access and Termux doesn't have those permissions. Maybe use adb to launch Termux as shell user? Otherwise add some permissions to Termux's app manifest and rebuild or root your device. Not sure if ultimately root access will be required but we can actually use osbot on Android now. Good luck!

I can create a script to set this up from start to finish using adb if you guys want me to, would hardly take anytime at all. I can provide the custom builds of Termux as well. However, I won't promise that it'll work for you unless you're rooted. I'd like access to a premium script in return. Just let me know if you guys want it.

3 hours ago, yodaddy said:

There is almost an easy way to accomplish this on Android already but it requires using a custom build of Termux to add necessary permissions.

1. Install Termux and XDSL server apps from play store.

2. Install necessary packages in Termux: wget, git, and optionally "openssh" to ease setup using a desktop/laptop.

3. Install a proot'ed distro aka an user space chroot'ed environment such as Arch Linux into Termux. I recommend https://github.com/sdrausty/termux-archlinux 

4. Assuming you went with Arch Linux, startarch and use pacman install full Java jre, xtigervnc

5. Run Xvnc

6. Download and run osbot

7. Open XDSL server and connect

Obviously that's just an overview of the process as I didn't list the commands but if you understand it then you can do it in about 30 mins.

Mission accomplished.

Only thing that is a pain is working around the permission problem. Osbot wants raw socket access and Termux doesn't have those permissions. Maybe use adb to launch Termux as shell user? Otherwise add some permissions to Termux's app manifest and rebuild or root your device. Not sure if ultimately root access will be required but we can actually use osbot on Android now. Good luck!

That's a backward ass way to achieve something I'm already doing via official builds (both rooted and non). No need to run Linux on the phone itself unless it doesn't support the OSRS APK. While I'm aware this also allows you use of other JAR files, I doubt any phone can run any bots within the Linux instance anyways. 

11 hours ago, poptartjake said:

That's a backward ass way to achieve something I'm already doing via official builds (both rooted and non). No need to run Linux on the phone itself unless it doesn't support the OSRS APK. While I'm aware this also allows you use of other JAR files, I doubt any phone can run any bots within the Linux instance anyways. 

You gave no reason to suggest that it's backwards thus any sane individual would be skeptical of your so called doings. If you mean official builds of Termux than you must be rooted and using some buggy build of java for Termux that is not official along with Xvfb which is not in the default repository or similar. You're doubt is pure ignorance. Why don't you actually try to setup what I detailed? What reason suggests that this simple setup which only requires a few commands is backwards? Such ignorance.

11 hours ago, raikzun420 said:

You're better off just downloading a macro program for mobile :D
(Hidemacro) on appstore/playstore or whatever.

Why is that?

11 hours ago, poptartjake said:

Felt like I should also mention that's a backward ass way of greeting new members. You do know Android is Linux, right? Please don't respond... I've heard enough of that gibberish, lol

The title of this thread, which has been sitting for a year, suggests that it contains a guide. I provided one, albeit not the easiest for some to follow. It is a very easy way to run osbot on android. Before I abandon this thread, I just wanted to thank you for shitting on that contribution. If you weren't such a dumbfuck, you'd said something productive and not some out of your head shit that doesn't make any sense. Good luck!

13 hours ago, yodaddy said:

The title of this thread, which has been sitting for a year, suggests that it contains a guide. I provided one, albeit not the easiest for some to follow. It is a very easy way to run osbot on android. Before I abandon this thread, I just wanted to thank you for shitting on that contribution. If you weren't such a dumbfuck, you'd said something productive and not some out of your head shit that doesn't make any sense. Good luck!

I'll care about your opinion/advice when you have something to show for it. As of now, you seem to think you know a lot more about mobile botting than you probably do. I'll happily continue with my mobile botting adventures via my own methods since JamFlex can't seem to find most my bots anyways.