Web Project

BrainDeadGenius

Hello everyone,

Well, it's getting to that time of year again when it's almost time to go back to college. I was thinking about the things I would have to do when I get back to be a tutor again this year, as they have added a few things. But I was wondering what I could do to still help everyone, even when I'm not physically able to. Combine that with my knowledge with developing websites, and you have an idea. I kept all my Technical Calculus 2 notes from last year, as that was my main section for tutoring. So, my plan is to upload the notes to the website, and even add in descriptions when necessary. Of course though, I won't just be directly uploading everything. There will be a system for it. Also, since this is for my school mostly, there will be a request page where one may be able to request physically seeing the notes and / or an actual tutoring session. However, that does not necessarily mean it has to be restricted to my school. Those details will be worked out, although I still have an idea for that.

What I would like from you guys, and my reason for posting this here (other than to help you guys learn from me and the website), is that I would like to add your information to the website as well. Now, everything will have to go through me before it gets uploaded (and yes, you will get credit for your contributions). Pictures will be allowed, and of course it's best to provide descriptions / whatever is necessary. You may be able to do it in sections, etc. That will be determined on what you have, how you want it displayed, etc. I just edited a current theme of mine real quick, but I have half of the scripts ready for this.

Anyway, post your ideas below. I'll be back later.

The site is located at: http://schooling.cryptictest.tk

(Yes, a free domain; why would I pay for a domain when I'm only testing stuff?)

** Updates **

-> Added a browse feature

----> I have finished the code that retrieves all of the information. Now, I just have to upload some examples from my collection of math work (Calculus), to show you what can and will be done with the website.

* Working on a new theme.

Edited by BrainDeadGenius

Like I stated, when I feel like buying a domain, I will. I just don't feel like doing it now.

However, that's not to mention that just because you buy a .net or .com or whatever that it means it's safe. Therefore, I don't understand why he's being such an idiot.

I know the cost of domains. I just don't want a .com at this moment. Not to mention, the domain I want is taken, so I'm thinking of a new domain anyway.

Like I stated, when I feel like buying a domain, I will. I just don't feel like doing it now.

However, that's not to mention that just because you buy a .net or .com or whatever that it means it's safe. Therefore, I don't understand why he's being such an idiot.

I know the cost of domains. I just don't want a .com at this moment. Not to mention, the domain I want is taken, so I'm thinking of a new domain anyway.

then think of a different domain name.

so I'm thinking of a new domain anyway.

Not only did I not say that you had to visit the website, but you're all acting like you think you know something about web developing. And that there's really something wrong with the domain, which there isn't.

I posted that I wanted ideas for CONTENT to be put on the website, not for how to work and design the website. I'm already making a new theme, and then I'll be able to organize everything better.

The content, like I mentioned, would be stuff that could be added so that others can learn from you. My example was calculus work. I'll also be uploading programming information.