Continuously being banned

IamVortex

So ive been playing osrs for about 3 years on/off and have different botting projects.. but i always end up being banned in the end for macro (ik i bot obvs) but i really dont know how they're catching me. ill bot on the account maybe 2-3 hours a day and then play legit for abit, when im playing legit i use the osbuddy client, i dont use vpn/proxys and i only ever use premium scripts. Most recently i got my account banned for botting hunter using projectpacts hunting script. i legit managed 10 hunter levels, logged off for the night and came back to a perma

any ideas? it's got to the point now where ill make a fresh account and only bot the aids stats like agility/thieving. 

Just now, Dbuffed said:

It could be very possible that your either -

1) doing stuff to known to be botting.
2) your IP is flagged.

Chances are option 2.

the stats ive been botting are (this is all on various accounts throughout 3 years)

RC,fishing, agility, thieving, hunter, wc, cooking, fletching

How long does an IP stay flagged? also is there anyway to get it unflagged or am i f**ked for the foreseeable future?

Just now, IamVortex said:

the stats ive been botting are (this is all on various accounts throughout 3 years)

RC,fishing, agility, thieving, hunter, wc, cooking, fletching

How long does an IP stay flagged? also is there anyway to get it unflagged or am i f**ked for the foreseeable future?

I don't personally bot but pretty much all of those are bot hot spots especially agility, thieving & RC. 

This is typically why a lot of players still play legit, they know they are going to be banned within 24-48 hours literally. Once your IP is flagged it's flagged, depending on what internet connection you have you could unplug your router and reset it for a new one possibly, or alternatively ring up your internet provider and ask them for a IP change, although it may only be allowed the once.

1 minute ago, irwtonrs1 said:

To avoid everyone from pointing you in the wrong direction, it's not your IP

It could be.

Whilst i'm not saying 100% it is, I do believe it could also be a mixture if it works that way (not knowing from personal experience)

1 minute ago, IamVortex said:

thanks guys.

so im thinking > fresh account and use a VPN (free) and see how it goes.. if i have more luck ill buy premium VPN and continue.

then if im still getting banned i can probably rule out my IP.

Free VPN's are always highly flagged, i've tried that.

Just now, Juggles said:

It's not IP. It's the scripts

If thats the case then that does make me sad a little, i must own probably like 10-20 premium scripts and ive been banned using them all :D

1 minute ago, Dbuffed said:

Free VPN's are always highly flagged, i've tried that.

So either buy VPN or just chance it (again) on my regular IP

5 minutes ago, IamVortex said:

If thats the case then that does make me sad a little, i must own probably like 10-20 premium scripts and ive been banned using them all :D

So either buy VPN or just chance it (again) on my regular IP

Correct.

Although you are more than likely going to be caught on your original IP, the same way it works for RWT.

13 minutes ago, IamVortex said:

thanks guys.

so im thinking > fresh account and use a VPN (free) and see how it goes.. if i have more luck ill buy premium VPN and continue.

then if im still getting banned i can probably rule out my IP.

If you create a fresh account on a VPN it will be banned/locked as soon as tut island is done. Or within 30 minutes after.

Runescape can tell if your IP is from a data center, Just create the account on your home IP. Run them through tut successfully. Log out and wait 10-15 minutes, Connect to your VPN then login and play moderately 

Edited by Vap0r