Starting a farm - Advice needed

Theminis

Howdy, been lurking for few days now and finally decided to register and do this. The community seems nice already so I'm sure I'll enjoy my time here.

As I'm pretty new to botting, I've read a lot of farm-guides and FAQs here, but I still got some questions (Which aren't the classics "What bot should I use for most RSGP" or "Will I get banned if ___?!?!?!?!?").

As I've read few times here already, go big or go home; spend money to make money. That is not an issue, as I'm willing to invest up to 200-300$ if needed be (Short-term, is that enough?). Long term I'm looking into several desktops/laptops, but one step at a time.

- Is it absolutely essential to use Private Scripts if I'm looking into starting a serious farm? Also, how do they exactly work; I can request anything and have it made or is there a pre-set of scripts that are being modified and sold around by the owner?

-  I'm thinking about starting the P2P farm from the get-go, since it's obviously safer and way more profitable (Would start with 2-4 bots, and go foward from there). Is there anyone that would suggest otherwise (aka, suicide F2P botting, to get a hang of it?) Also, the P2P farm would cost me from the start, which is obviously a risk since I've never done this before, not to mention stat training for accounts as P2P methods require stats/quests - but I'd bot these too haha).

- How many bot accounts could I be running at the same time, on a single desktop (CPU AMD X2 4000 3.2GHz, 4GB DDR3 1333MHz, Graphic card AMD Radeon R7 240 2G)? Are there any tips and tricks for that? Also, with 8-10mbps Internet speed, should I have any issues running multiple bots?

- Is there any way that I can pay for VIP & Scripts & Other goodies here via Skrill or PaySafeCard? Those are currently my only options, apart from the obvious one (Buying RSGP => Buying Vouchers for VIP/Scripts) which costs me around 20-30% more due to GP trading around so I'm not happy with that.

- Is there anything else that I really need for this apart from VPN and Proxy?

Cheers, and thanks in advance for answers.

first of, no need to invest in more laptops, vps  

second, start slow.

make an account and purchase a script (recommend @Team Cape  @Eagle Scripts @Juggles)

try it out, how is the profit, how is the ban chance

remember the bot needs to atleast cover bond cost.

internet might be a problem, espec with vps but nothing u should have to worry about.

there is no set price to start up, if u know what u are doing and just wanna start small

100-300 is enough

run as many bots as u can afford is my tip but start small so u know u will even break even.

if i forgot anything or u need some more advice you can either pm me or add my skype im.fishy

• Like 1

Most of the gold I made was from public (paid) scripts, and I know people who have made a lot with public scripts as well, so it's not a must.

Imo the only reason to pay for a private script is when you want automation (like mule/ge support) or when you have a private method in mind.

At this point I would suggest you to start with 1 p2p bot and see that you can at least break even, expand slowly and learn whatever you can.

There is no point in investing 100m-300m on several scripts/accs/bonds just to lose it before breaking even.

Vouchers; try to look for someone who accepts skrill. Proxies; you don't want proxy and VPN, just one of them is enough - I'd go for proxies. (maybe you meant VPS?)

On 9/18/2017 at 3:03 PM, NinjadGuy said:

Proxies; you don't want proxy and VPN, just one of them is enough - I'd go for proxies. (maybe you meant VPS?)

No, I ment VPN. I am well aware I need VPS to run multiple bots. I was just thinking that I'd need the VPN to "split" the IP from botting and main/mule accounts and then proxies to "split" the IP's of each individual bot, to prevent IP bans. But then again, I only need proxies for all of that so I guess I'll go with that.

Thank you for your answers everybody

Edited by spicencricket

If you want a "serious" farm, you should really, IMHO, learn to write your own scripts. 

I don't know "JAVA" but you aren't really writing full blown apps, just scripts that tell the app what to do. It isn't that hard to pick up enough of it to write your own and then you aren't dependent on someone else.

Hey,

I'm in the same boat as you currently, learning to bot correctly and setting up a farm. I'm two and a half weeks deep from investing 50m and $75. (I guess you could say roughly $100 dollars invested). I've been only using SOCKS5 proxies and botting on accounts for less than 2 hours a day. (I have 4 bots currently, all of them have made their bond back + half way to a bond for the next two weeks).

The biggest thing I can say is start slow. I did a suicide farm for 8ish days before I realized I was spending more time setting the bots up than they were running for. I made profit, but it wasn't worth the manual input. I had made enough to purchase 2 bonds and at this point in time I had only spent money on proxies, OSBot VIP, and scripts. I then invested my 50m gp and bought some bonds. I suicided two bots in p2p on the weekend and used the third as a test to see the boundaries I could go without being banned.

Anyways. What I've learned is through my trial and error and the fantastic guides put out on the site is:

• Make sure your money making method is undersaturated but is saturated enough to sell (This might mean doing quests to unlock potential money makers!) If you do too much, you will crash the price and your own profit
  • Don't go for endgame money makers, the leveling process is long if you're trying to stay off the radar and even when you get there, how long can you make money before you're caught?
  • @Juggles has mentioned in one of his posts that making a bond should take no longer than a day to make back when spent. I do not know if he meant 24 total hours of botting or just a botting session done in one day. Either way, if you are meant to make a bond back it should take roughly 6-12 hours of botting if you are using a relatively popular method. I can easily see making a bond back in a day of botting, but I haven't discovered a reliable way.
  • BOT CONSERVATIVELY. Playing roughly 2 hours a day, according to Jagex's data, is feasible, as most players only play 1-2 hours a day. Botting longer than that, especially in one sitting is asking to get banned in my eyes.
  • Get creative, learn to code simple things and experiment by hand. I've discovered a few methods that don't have scripts for. I learned to code simple ones that build into the end product which is good enough. 
  • If you're making a product widen the margin of profit by buying the sub-materials in their pre-processed form. Are you wanting to make "Ranarr Potion (unf)?" Make sure you buy the herbs grimy for a larger margin. (Of course you have to weigh if the margin increase is worth the extra time processing).
  • I haven't invested in any VPS or Server in general. I'm using proxies and that's enough.
  • Have a constant flow of accounts if you plan to suicide at any point, tut'd accounts are quite easy to print if you put in the effort to learn. It'll save a lot of money if you don't have to purchase tut'd accounts just to suicide them.