2 Day Bans

strange_kid

So my latest account just received a 2 day ban. I had not botted for 2 days and then got kicked offline and tried logging back in, only to see I had been banned.

The script that im using right now is pretty beast for combat, and have been updating it consistently. So anyways, I was wondering what other people's experiences have been when receiving a 2 day ban. Do most people believe 2 day bans are simply from jagex detecting a client being used other than theirs or osbuddy? In which case a perm ban would be the result of them detecting your script, and not so much the client itself?

Just curious on everyone's opinion, as it has been quite some time since I had last received a 2 day ban from jagex (roughly 6 months+).

A few months back, my main botted account (Not incredibly high leveled, about 100 combat, 1400 total) was banned for 2 days for macro major but it was weird too, I hadn't been botting for over a week due to other stuff going on.

If they had actually caught me scripting I'd have a bigger ban, the 2 day ban must've been a trigger of sorts in the way I was botting, they thought I was most likely, but didn't have concrete proof?

21 minutes ago, Santonio said:

2-day bans are most likely sort of manual bans, 

And what do you mean by a manual ban? Because it can't be one where they had ban me for catching me in the act, as I had not been botting for 2 days. If they had reviewed it, do you mean it was flagged by the system for using a different client, and they had reviewed my accounts activity manually, looking for patterns a bot would likely use, and they could not come to any strong conclusions. So they hand me a 2 day ban simply for the client being picked up?

That is the only thing I can think of, and I do not know if thats what you are trying to say or not, if not let me know what you think more in depth.

2 minutes ago, strange_kid said:

And what do you mean by a manual ban? Because it can't be one where they had ban me for catching me in the act, as I had not been botting for 2 days. If they had reviewed it, do you mean it was flagged by the system for using a different client, and they had reviewed my accounts activity manually, looking for patterns a bot would likely use, and they could not come to any strong conclusions. So they hand me a 2 day ban simply for the client being picked up?

That is the only thing I can think of, and I do not know if thats what you are trying to say or not, if not let me know what you think more in depth.

The Runescape banning System is complicated, Let's just say they have seen your patterns like miss clicking same spot as example, they will notice it and will review the case ( Banning System ) and nobody, really nobody is clicking every single time and the perfect place for 1 hr straight, so most likely it's manual of a real mod catch / review the issue you would've been perm banned. 

12 minutes ago, Santonio said:

The Runescape banning System is complicated, Let's just say they have seen your patterns like miss clicking same spot as example, they will notice it and will review the case ( Banning System ) and nobody, really nobody is clicking every single time and the perfect place for 1 hr straight, so most likely it's manual of a real mod catch / review the issue you would've been perm banned. 

Yeah I still am going to go with mineon them picking up the client. I know they can check for that sort of stuff, but some scripts mis left click and mis right click on random (with different deviations that change on random) and do many other things to counteract the patterns they look out for. So im assuming they could not definitively say they could find clear patterns of a bot, so they banned me for different client.

11 minutes ago, Jbecks91 said:

I just got a 2 day ban as well. I logged in and disconnected and got 2 day ban. Whenever I get banned any other time it is a automatic perm.

I take it since I got this 2 day ban I can no longer ever bot on the account? RIP :(

They give you a 2d ban for the first time, why would they not give a perm ban then when your ban meter is 50%