Favicon won't show up?

Wu Tang Cummins

EDIT: Thanks for all the help guys, I seemed to have fixed it by uploading to Imgur, and putting that link in for the href, not a local computer address!

I'm usually really good at HTML and things, but for some reason I cannot get my favicon to show up on my html site.  I'm almost certain I have the code correct, but I just can't get it to display.

My favicon is 16x16, and is the .ico extension.  Here's the code I have in my <head> tags:

Any help would be appreciated!

44hKC.png

Edited by Cummins

I'm not sure why that's not working, it might have something to do with the .ico file. I'd try it with a .png to test it out.

Then change the type to equal "image/png" and the href to "images/favicon1.png".

Another solution would be to try to upload your icon file to an image hosting website and then link to it using the direct URL in the href. This would fix it if it was having problems with locating the file in your local directory.

Edited by Sherlock

Guys, I have no idea why nothing's working but so far everything you've suggested to me hasn't worked. I've even made a new html document just to put in the code and it still doesn't.  (Changing it to PNG doesn't work either, for any of the codes you've suggested either guys!)

EDIT:  I uploaded the PNG file to Imgur, and put in the Imgur link into the href spot, and this works.  So I guess I'll have to do that, instead of a computer url.

Thanks for the help guys!

Edited by Cummins

I know you fixed this already, but if you don't clear your DNS cache after you've done it, it will take a while to show up, like when you first create a website. I had this same prob. I was doing everything right, but I hadn't cleared my cache afterwards so it didn't show up, but it did for everyone who hadn't previously loaded the webpage.

go to run prompt, type in cmd. then in the command prompt, type "ipconfig /flushdns"

Guys, I have no idea why nothing's working but so far everything you've suggested to me hasn't worked. I've even made a new html document just to put in the code and it still doesn't.  (Changing it to PNG doesn't work either, for any of the codes you've suggested either guys!)

EDIT:  I uploaded the PNG file to Imgur, and put in the Imgur link into the href spot, and this works.  So I guess I'll have to do that, instead of a computer url.

Thanks for the help guys!

Didn't realize this was local.