Testing Different Outcomes With Multiple Clients

Vap0r

7 minutes ago, Vap0r said:

I have done it, I have expierenced bans doing this, this is why I am documenting it, how is this hard to understand?
This isn't meant for the casual botter who is using <=10 accounts. This is for mass account creation.

You should add that to your experiment then... not everybody here mass create accounts.

I will add what anecdotal information I have for what it's worth.

I currently run two different "master" machines that are Windows boxes that create accounts then launch them remotely on a linux box to run.

Each Windows machine uses a different proxy both hosted in the same datacenter.

Up to this point my machines have each been creating three accounts each day and running those accounts, until recently I was limited by hardware to just six accounts per day.

Frequently accounts get locked (not banned, locked) after tut island.

If one account gets locked, all three on that proxy are going to get locked within minutes.

My machine is able to detect that the account got locked, kill the clients using that proxy, bounce the proxy server (which gives it a new ip), create three more accounts, and try again.

Here is the strange part:

One machine is highly successful, most of the time none of the accounts get locked. If they do, most of the time the second batch each day is successful.

The other machine has an extremely high failure rate, frequently it will take three or more batches of new accounts to be successful.

I am not sure what the difference is between these two systems that could be causing this, they are similar hardware and both running the same OS. Neither system is used for anything other than botting.

I have done some informal testing and the locks seem to be based on the IP that the account was created on, not the IP the account is played on.

I don't believe this has anything to do with the client.

I am trying to make the leap from "botter" to "mass farmer" but my bottleneck is accounts that don't get locked. Others are obviously doing it, so any information on how to create mass accounts without them getting locked would be great.

Edit: Oh and any account that gets locked, gets banned the next day. I can't speak for the ones that don't get locked because I suicide them that day, so naturally they all get banned too.

Edited by sudoinit6

29 minutes ago, sudoinit6 said:

I will add what anecdotal information I have for what it's worth.

I currently run two different "master" machines that are Windows boxes that create accounts then launch them remotely on a linux box to run.

Each Windows machine uses a different proxy both hosted in the same datacenter.

Up to this point my machines have each been creating three accounts each day and running those accounts, until recently I was limited by hardware to just six accounts per day.

Frequently accounts get locked (not banned, locked) after tut island.

If one account gets locked, all three on that proxy are going to get locked within minutes.

My machine is able to detect that the account got locked, kill the clients using that proxy, bounce the proxy server (which gives it a new ip), create three more accounts, and try again.

Here is the strange part:

One machine is highly successful, most of the time none of the accounts get locked. If they do, most of the time the second batch each day is successful.

The other machine has an extremely high failure rate, frequently it will take three or more batches of new accounts to be successful.

I am not sure what the difference is between these two systems that could be causing this, they are similar hardware and both running the same OS. Neither system is used for anything other than botting.

I have done some informal testing and the locks seem to be based on the IP that the account was created on, not the IP the account is played on.

I don't believe this has anything to do with the client.

I am trying to make the leap from "botter" to "mass farmer" but my bottleneck is accounts that don't get locked. Others are obviously doing it, so any information on how to create mass accounts without them getting locked would be great.

Edit: Oh and any account that gets locked, gets banned the next day. I can't speak for the ones that don't get locked because I suicide them that day, so naturally they all get banned too.

You stated you used rotating data center ips?
What is the success rate out of 100 accounts? Out of 1000?
Since you're using a VPS you can do OS reinstalls remotely which will wipe all data (If runescape plants files on the machine)
This machine that has high failure rates, have you tried doing an OS Reinstall ? Have you noticed improved results?

ps. - Great avatar

Edited by Vap0r

Keep up the goodwork!

I've been hurt by the bans too. Since I am too stupid to create a system that makes accounts and completes tutorials, I rely on those who sell lvl 3s. However, more and more people tend to go out of acc business and some accounts that I buy already have bans and I have to ask for a replacement :(

If that is not enough, I recently (yesterday and today) got hit massively with bans outside the banwaves. With this trend continuing I might have to consider stopping farming once and for all without even reaching my full potential.

Edited by Magerange

8 minutes ago, Vap0r said:

You stated you used rotating data center ips?

What is the success rate out of 100 accounts? Out of 1000?

Since you're using a VPS you can do OS reinstalls remotely which will wipe all data (If runescape plants files on the machine)

This machine that has high failure rates, have you tried doing an OS Reinstall ? Have you noticed improved results?

ps. - Great avatar

Yes, my proxies are hosted on a large cloud provider. It could be that Jagex has them flagged, it would explain why all accounts are banned the next day, but not why some get locked and some don't. I am also considering creating an account unlock process, that would take considerable effort given all the moving parts involved, but it is doable. I am hoping to find a way to not have to go that route. Hell, at this point I am open to buying accounts but I don't trust that they wont get locked and I want my entire process to be dependent on no one (except of course Alek and his amazing team, I couldn't do this without them).

I have yet to do detailed tracking so if I were forced to guesstimate I would say that ~60-70% of the accounts are "successful", but by successful I mean I am able to use them that same day to bot for ~18 hours. I have tried pre-creating the accounts and using them on a day other than the day they were created. I have tried this a number of ways including bouncing the proxy between every single creation and I have a ZERO success rate doing this. All accounts I create in this manner are banned the next day when I try and use them.

I am not using a VPS but I have recently acquired a pretty hefty server (Proliant DL 360 G6) so I have more options now. I am considering using VMware and spinning up a new clone for every account creation to check for exactly what you said. I am a unix/vmware admin in real life so this will be trivial, unfortunately I am going on vacation tomorrow and won't be back till next week so that will have to wait.

I have yet to try an OS re-install on the machine with higher failures, but I have considered doing that and using something like this:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/6520/windows-steadystate/

and bounce between account creations. Should I go the VMware route this would be redundant though.

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Magerange said:

With this trend continuing I might have to consider stopping farming once and for all without even reaching my full potential.

Then they win. I won't let them win.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sudoinit6 said:

Yes, my proxies are hosted on a large cloud provider. It could be that Jagex has them flagged, it would explain why all accounts are banned the next day, but not why some get locked and some don't. I am also considering creating an account unlock process, that would take considerable effort given all the moving parts involved, but it is doable. I am hoping to find a way to not have to go that route. Hell, at this point I am open to buying accounts but I don't trust that they wont get locked and I want my entire process to be dependent on no one (except of course Alek and his amazing team, I couldn't do this without them).

I have yet to do detailed tracking so if I were forced to guesstimate I would say that ~60-70% of the accounts are "successful", but by successful I mean I am able to use them that same day to bot for ~18 hours. I have tried pre-creating the accounts and using them on a day other than the day they were created. I have tried this a number of ways including bouncing the proxy between every single creation and I have a ZERO success rate doing this. All accounts I create in this manner are banned the next day when I try and use them.

I am not using a VPS but I have recently acquired a pretty hefty server (Proliant DL 360 G6) so I have more options now. I am considering using VMware and spinning up a new clone for every account creation to check for exactly what you said. I am a unix/vmware admin in real life so this will be trivial, unfortunately I am going on vacation tomorrow and won't be back till next week so that will have to wait.

I have yet to try an OS re-install on the machine with higher failures, but I have considered doing that and using something like this:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/6520/windows-steadystate/

and bounce between account creations. Should I go the VMware route this would be redundant though.

Thanks!

Then they win. I won't let them win.

Great another sys admin :D

So here is what I recommend, this is just the enviroment I set up myself for tuts
I have just a standard HP prolite enterprise server I use KVM and create a live environment per every VM we have, so once the session is over everything is wiped (kind of like deep freeze)

Most likely Jagex is tracking the proxy ip itself, maybe using an API to look up the ISP details, If they can confirm it is a data center IP they lock
This is why most VPN's and public VPS server's ips are instantly locked.

The VM route is the easiest, whichever VM you prefer.