Start coding

Acke

While I did go to school for Computer Science, what helped me the most was definitely working in real life scenarios with an already built site/application. As long as you have a basic understanding, I would highly recommend downloading an open source application or something and then tinkering around with what makes it work, then think of some modifications you could make to it, starting simple, moving towards more advanced ideas and adding them.

I think this would be a nice way to start if you actually want to get into coding for things other than just writing scripts for bots. If you just want to write bot scripts, the tutorials on here would definitely be a good starting point for writing scripts.

Most of the questions you run into, you can Google and there will usually be a ton of sites that will have similar questions to yours, albeit maybe worded a bit differently. Don't be afraid to ask questions, but Google first and it will be your best friend throughout your programming journey.

• Like 1

Started looking into scripting about a month ago, also with no prior knowledge. Started with codeacademy, then moved on to Apaec and Exp101lv tutorials. Both are great and cover most if what you need!

With a bunch of *probably to most here* annoying questions I've managed to create a few scripts. The code is, by no means perfect, but it gets the job done and I am fine with that.
You can do it too :)

Edited by Magerange
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, acke1995 said:

Looking to get into coding.

I have too much freetime... I have no experiences with java atm. Are you using visual studio or something siple like a text document?

I know there are a few guides but i can't find them anymore >.<

I used the free course at udacity. I don't know java well, but well enough to write my own scripts.

• Like 1

I would recommend getting a basis first before starting to look into scripting! While it can be a good way to learn, starting scripting without a solid basic understanding can lead to picking up some bad habbits down the road! 

That being said, if you do want to start scripting right away, I would recommend having it reviewed by other people who can point on said bad habbits and mistake you might make!
Goodluck!

2 minutes ago, Solution said:

I would recommend getting a basis first before starting to look into scripting! While it can be a good way to learn, starting scripting without a solid basic understanding can lead to picking up some bad habbits down the road! 

That being said, if you do want to start scripting right away, I would recommend having it reviewed by other people who can point on said bad habbits and mistake you might make!
Goodluck!

I am currently working on the basic stuff.

Probably won't start making any scripts for osbot.

I'd start with codeacademy, it's not the best but it gave me a better understanding of if's, else's, array's etc. Then from there Explv's tutorial is good at getting an understanding of the basic parts of writing a script.. After a massive if else script I began following Apaec's State system and that's what I now use :) Eventually may progress onto a node type system but we'll see. Best of luck and if you need anything just pm