Anyone Good With PCS?

Imjusttoolazy

2 minutes ago, Imjusttoolazy said:

I didn't put one because I wanted somebody to choose one that's compatible with my current build that's good. 

What are you using now? Tbh, you might want to consider selling your current rig and buying a whole new system. At the very least, get an ssd and use it as your boot drive and upgrade your video card to 1070/1080. (Unless you don't game and just browse osrs forums and play osrs.)

6 minutes ago, FROZRZK said:

What are you using now? Tbh, you might want to consider selling your current rig and buying a whole new system. At the very least, get an ssd and use it as your boot drive and upgrade your video card to 1070/1080. (Unless you don't game and just browse osrs forums and play osrs.)

I have a 1060, I don't think i'd need to get rid of it.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($153.49 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Avexir Core Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($47.92 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Avexir Core Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($47.92 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($78.49 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.33 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card  ($244.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($77.88 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1011.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-19 20:31 EDT-0400

I think it will be good to go with a LGA1151 board which makes use of ddr4 ram instead of ddr3 ram. The difference in price for a 1060 3gb vs 6gb does not vary a lot, can be considered.

SSD is not a must but could be useful.

I would go with a 6600k with a Z board. Possible to overclock to 4.5ghz

• Like 2

If that's part of your current build that you're using currently you're restricted to a cpu with an LGA1150 socket type, so an Intel 4th/5th generation processor is what you're going to want to look into.  Don't know if anyones pointed that out yet.

If that's something you're looking to build I'd recommend changing out your motherboard to something with an LGA1151 socket type/Z170 motherboard, and switching to a 6th/7th generation Intel processor such as an i7-6700k or i7-7700k.

Having an i7 vs an i5 will be better if you're intent is to stream games on Twitch or something.