what do you do to stay focused during a workout session?

DEMONTIME

walking/running/gym/sport.. whatever it is that you do, what do you do to stay focused during the hardest time of working out?
Like when you're going through extreme pain or through a stitch or lactic acid build up, what can you do to make it easier, I know stretching can help get rid of lactic acid.
I also find music helps with the pain during rough parts of runs/gym.

Post your opinions here on some tips to making workouts easier WITHOUT going Alphamode on us with ur fuckin protein ass steak eating ass saltbae ass shit. :kappa:

• Like 1

Setting a PR for each individual workout normally does the trick for me.

For instance, if I'm specifically working on muscle gain on a particular day, I'll reminisce to my last session (e.g deadlifting or squats) and try and surpass what I had done on that day. I normally do 120kg squats and 100kg deadlifts, sometimes I'll try and motivate myself to add perhaps 10-20kg more and do 2/3 more sets than my usual 10.

That's just my personal preference, but I do agree music helps a lot. I tend to go down the rock section for intensive training and jazz for cardio :)

2 minutes ago, Aggre said:

I listen to very hard metal when I work out, gives me that extra adrenaline rush

I shall try some lighter stuff like SOAD and Disturbed. xD

Just now, dragonite3000 said:

whatever your doing do it until your about to throw up or pass out lol.

Yeah I did a walk/run up an 8 kilometre mountain summit this morning. (4.97097 MILES)

1 minute ago, Sincere said:

Setting a PR for each individual workout normally does the trick for me.

For instance, if I'm specifically working on muscle gain on a particular day, I'll reminisce to my last session (e.g deadlifting or squats) and try and surpass what I had done on that day. I normally do 120kg squats and 100kg deadlifts, sometimes I'll try and motivate myself to add perhaps 10-20kg more and do 2/3 more sets than my usual 10.

That's just my personal preference, but I do agree music helps a lot. I tend to go down the rock section for intensive training and jazz for cardio :)

Very nice man :) I will keep on top of it!
If you read my comment to @dragonite3000 you'll see I do a very vertical summit of a mountain twice a week, with gym coming 3 times a week,
I beat my last time for the summit walk by 15 minutes from last week, I was really happy today.

• Like 1

Just now, HeyImJamie said:

Music, Gains & Go over why you're doing it. + Every minute your working out means you're a minute closer to reaching your goal. :)

My goal is to gain 15-20 Kilograms in weight (muscle)
Also to do a years worth of Cardio to gain enough strength and stamina to do music concerts for people with my hip hop.

Just now, parsen said:

My goal is to gain 15-20 Kilograms in weight (muscle)
Also to do a years worth of Cardio to gain enough strength and stamina to do music concerts for people with my hip hop.

Then repeat that in your head.

It may be cringe, but I've got a goal of being a firefighter and I have my first recruit course starting next week - When doing cardio or when struggling, I'll just think of that and it definitely gets that little bit extra out of me :) Think of the concerts you could be doing and focus on that rather than the pain :D

• Like 1

Just now, HeyImJamie said:

Then repeat that in your head.

It may be cringe, but I've got a goal of being a firefighter and I have my first recruit course starting next week - When doing cardio or when struggling, I'll just think of that and it definitely gets that little bit extra out of me :) Think of the concerts you could be doing and focus on that rather than the pain :D

Yeah well you can do it man, keep me updated sometime on how it goes!

Yea yea, I agree it helps for sure! I'm just more of a performer then just an artist, so I want to be able to dance and rap/trap for people w/o struggling!