Do you think breaks reduce bans?

THS

Do you think breaks reduce bans?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think breaks reduce bans?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, iNate said:

That's why you actively change the botting duration and break times... 

I literally botted two accounts in nmz, one running for 4 days straight and the other running breaks at random intervals over the time spand of 4 days. On the 5th day, both accounts were banned. Breaks only save you if you happen to be on break while J Mods are scavanging around a specific area. It has little impact.

I voted no; however, I assume you meant breaks as in <8 hours as part and very short periods.

The reason being is that taking a break for 15 minutes every hour is too exact, too patterned, and too non-human. 

At the same time, that doesn't mean suicide-bot to your hearts content: be smart.

What I think is an interesting thing to do that I don't hear people talk about a lot is taking "AFK Breaks," or breaks

where you pause/stop the script for 5 or so minutes a few times per session. That way it mimics people loosing attention in 

playing Runescape without it being fishy.

Bot for 8 hours a day, taking 2 hours worth of breaks during that time 20-30 minutes at a time, take it slow, take it easy, mix up 2-3 different scripts during your bot time, tweak money making methods and have at least 2 ones that are quite decent. Tweak things to work your way and the way your like but always babysit your bots and try to respond to people as if you're legit.

• Like 2

If they are able to track the key strokes when you login like previously stated in a different thread, then yes logging in (and possibly the speed and process of the username/password being entered) and out in a pattern would be a red flag to them. 

Humans make errors when logging it, bots don't. A script that could randomly enter wrong passwords and then do the correct password instead of the correct pass at the same speed each time might be helpful

Edited by Switzzz
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Switzzz said:

If they are able to track the key strokes when you login like previously stated in a different thread, then yes logging in (and possibly the speed and process of the username/password being entered) and out in a pattern would be a red flag to them. 

Humans make errors when logging it, bots don't. A script that could randomly enter wrong passwords and then do the correct password instead of the correct pass at the same speed each time might be helpful

Agreed, seems to be the most obvious yet overlooked thing to date. Also, I would enter the game making sure you have it on fixed-screen mode; having switch modes is another small but important thing.

Edited by imeurotrash