Recent Account Hackings Concerning Vinsert!

Laz

It has come to the attention of the OSBot Team that the main developer of vInsert, Discardedx2, was involved with logging all usernames and passwords of his community. We'd like to warn anybody who was registered with vInsert and used the bot at all to change their passwords immediately.

We'd also like to state that OSBot is a professional operation. We are soon going to be a registered company in the Netherlands and that we would never engage in something as low as hacking our own members. However, due to the recent hacking, we are going to be increasing the security we have implemented in the OSBot client itself to make sure that a situation such as this one would never be able to happen on OSBot. This includes implementing multiple styles encryption such as MD5 and RSA to protect your passwords.

Moreover, to reassure your security, all of your passwords are encrypted and salted using MD5 on our database. This means that we do not know anybody's passwords, rather, when you are logged in, the MD5 hashes are compared for authentication.

The developers of OSBot, Maxi and I, are reputable members of Rune-Server. I'ed like to say that honestly hacking our own members accounts would not benefit us in anyway. We hope that now that vInsert is dying, OSBot will become the #1 bot for OSRS.

tl;dr: Change your password if you've ever used vInsert.

071rp6i.png

Sincerely,

Laz and the OSBot Team.

• Like 1

We hope vInsert is now dying? And i thought we could be friends.

I do believe anybody who has the mentallity to create free-software for the purpose of theft should be slaughtered. Being discarded yourself or not, I would like to believe that YOU, the user "iJava" was banned on Sythe for malicious posting(s) aswell.

EDIT: Also, do we have any proof of this... Not saying I don't believe you, but proof is always nice.

Edited by XenoTools

I do believe anybody who has the mentallity to create free-software for the purpose of theft should be slaughtered. Being discarded yourself or not, I would like to believe that YOU, the user "iJava" was banned on Sythe for malicious posting(s) aswell.

EDIT: Also, do we have any proof of this... Not saying I don't believe you, but proof is always nice.

I was banned for trolling the owner of Sythe. I had nothing to do with the hackings and the bot wasn't created for that purpose just events occured resulting in it.

I was banned for trolling the owner of Sythe. I had nothing to do with the hackings and the bot wasn't created for that purpose just events occured resulting in it.

• Developer

071rp6i.png

071rp6i.png

LOL...

Wow. Is destroying someone permitted? Can I have his skype<3?

Information I was provided with was different, although I'm not here to falsely accuse you. Hope you guys can continue vInsert without being retarded.