what is the point of living if were going to die anyway

Emilyy

coz i have nothing going for me atm anyway

i wouldnt kill myseif im too scared to anyway but i do feel like there is no point to life, every friendship you make they will die anyway and in like 50 yars after death ur forgotten and everything was for nothing 

Very negative thoughts if you ask me. Thinking that you came on this world and die at the end. It's true tho, but life has been given to you. So, live everyday. Do something with your life. Don't just sit behind your desktop everyday. Make friends, find love, find your 'thing' in life and discover. Life has so much things for you. You just need to be open for it so you can find it.

If you're really struggling with this; please find an psychologist. And i didn't mean that in a bad way.

• Like 1

It makes sense, but not the wisest thing in the world. You must be going through some huge shit to get those kidn of thoughts

im actually not though, some people go through some awful traumatising things and heres me complaining over nothing and not knowing why :P

Very negative thoughts if you ask me. Thinking that you came on this world and die at the end. It's true tho, but life has been given to you. So, live everyday. Do something with your life. Don't just sit behind your desktop everyday. Make friends, find love, find your 'thing' in life and discover. Life has so much things for you. You just need to be open for it so you can find it.

If you're really struggling with this; please find an psychologist. And i didn't mean that in a bad way.

yes thats true that life has been given to me, i was one sperm away from being a whole differnt person i hadnt thought about that.. so true.

i dont know what my thing is :( im 20 now and have no idea waht im doing .... urgh how do i even find my thing , have you found yours?

i dont know what my thing is sad.png im 20 now and have no idea waht im doing .... urgh how do i even find my thing , have you found yours?

It's very common that people haven't found their 'thing' in their 20's yet. I was struggling with finding my 'thing' too. I have found my thing when i was around 21,5. I love people. I love the way people act, I love the way people are thinking, I like helping people, I love the human Brain (What it's able to), (lucid) dreaming etc etc. It's just too fuckin' fascinating that we are human and that we can do a lot of things. 

Actually, i need to finish my last year of programming and then i will follow a master course Psychology. I'm 90% sure that that is my thing, but if it isn't.. well.. Then it's just a good life lesson for me.

Like i said: Find your thing, don't fuckin' think so much. Thinking is good, but not too much. It's not worth the trouble. Enjoy life when you can. Also, it's just a fase. Almost everyone in their 20's have this problem. wink.png

Edited by Sebastian

• Administrator

Why should you wipe after going to the bathroom if you are going shit again in less than 24 hours?

your wiping won't mean shit because you will shit regardless and be dirty again which makes it meaningless, but at-least for those 24 hours you will be clean and you can enjoy that time.

Apply that to ur life, ur still gonna die and it won't matter but u will enjoy the time up until the end.

Wipe once a week like a real man

• Like 2

how do i find myself lol?

There are 2 ways of accomplishing this goal. easy way and the hard way.

Easy way. Take drugs.

No seriously. Think of your mind as a dark cave with all your fears and anxieties are hiding in. You are left to feel around this cave with no direction or understanding. While attempting to not be overcome by your unseen enemy in the dark. When you take drugs (in this specific instance we are talking about psycho-active drugs e.g. LSD, weed, mushrooms... ect.) It alters your way of thinking. What these drugs do is change the way neurons fire in your brain. They allow you to see the inside of the cave with brilliant light. And if you are will to explore you will find out much about yourself. Now based on the fact you are talking about life feeling pointless you obviously have a analytical mindset. This pattern of thinking is very susceptible to this kind of drug. You will think about things in new and weird ways. I'm not saying it will fix all your problems. In fact i can guarantee it won't but it will give you new perspective and help you achieve a new outlook on life.

Hard way, Long extensive therapy sessions.

These sessions performed by trained doctors to attempt to bridge the gaps in thinking patterns. Like the first approach the idea is to change your way of thinking. Mostly they will ask you to do things like slow down your thought process, take a few seconds to respond to a question. things like that. The difference is it may take years to accomplish this at the extremely low rate doctors approach this. (even the best shrinks generally see you 1 time a week or less.)  There is also the fact that therapy is much more expensive. and if you live in the US downright robbery in terms of pricing. So these are factors you need to consider.

I suppose another option is just to grin and bear it until something happens in your life to make you realize your place. However this is a passive approach and not a very healthy way to deal with these kinds of issues. Since sitting and waiting has a tendency to make you sink deeper into the dark place you are already in.

Please by no means am i advocating drug use or abuse. You can make your own adult decision about this. All i am providing is information from my own life. Things that have worked and not worked. I am still personally struggling with these issues myself. I try to take on each day at a time.