Computer and Laptop have same ip.

TrapMan

Hello.

I am stupid when it comes with computers.

Does my public ip matter if I bot on multiple accounts on two devices?

If so,

I recently found my old laptop and searched up what it's ip, same with my computer.

I discovered that my laptop and computer has the same public ip.

Is there a way to change my laptop public ip, and will it affect it my wifi connection? (If it's going to make it lag a lot).

Thanks for the help

I don't know why you guys are being dicks to him. OP acknowledges the fact that he knows little, and wants to learn, so answer his question. Derp.

Your router assigns a private IP to each of your devices. Your ISP assigns your router an IP.

I drew you a beaaaooooteeefool diagram.

btsENG3.png

@Trapman Edit: To answer your question,

This is what it looks like when device 1 is routing traffic through a proxy server and device 2 is not.

7npLxVN.png

Your router is assigned a public IP by your ISP. In the case where you are using a proxy server, that proxy server also has a public IP. In this scenario, if devices 1 and 2 ping the same server, that server will see the public IP addresses of the proxy server from device 1, and that proxy server sees your public IP. That server will see the public IP address of your network when you ping it using device 2.

Edited by Solzhenitsyn
  • Like 3

I don't know why you guys are being dicks to him. OP acknowledges the fact that he knows little, and wants to learn, so answer his question. Derp.

@@TrapMan

Your router assigns a private IP to each of your devices. Your ISP assigns your router an IP.

btsENG3.png

Sorry, I'm a bit retarted and want to learn more about botting and computers. Thanks for the picture.

Lets say that I'm botting on 10 accounts on my computer and laptop the same time, 5 on the computer and 5 on the laptop, and they are all connected to the same router. Jagex find out that I'm botting on my computer, and they ban the 5 accounts that are botting on that computer since its all on the same private ip. (Chain banning I think it's called.)

Will the other 5 accounts on my laptop also be banned since they are connected to the same router?

@@TrapMan

Each one of your devices has it's own private IP, which is assigned by the router. Your router has a public IP which is assigned by your ISP. If you aren't using a proxy, then each client will establish a connection to Jagex's servers, all of which will show your public IP.

No one knows how Jagex decides to ban accounts. Personally I'm of the opinion that Jagex doesn't the location from which a originates from as a significant part of their banning algorithm (if at all), because there are too many instances where that would raise a false positive (shared apartment connections, university/work networks, public networks, etc). I also think that many people buy a shitty $2.00 proxy, which is probably being oversold to 20 other bots, and then think they are safe. If anything, this is even worse than using no proxy at all.

• Like 1

Omg the simple answer is yes, people drawing pictures n shit? YES the IP is ALWAYS THE SAME, ON ALL DEVICES, whatever IP the router has is the IP any device connected is receiving. Therefor yes if you get caught on ANY account on ANY computer in the house connect to that ROUTER, it can have a chain ban affect

Edited by edgy
  • Like 1

Omg the simple answer is yes, people drawing pictures n shit? YES the IP is ALWAYS THE SAME, ON ALL DEVICES, whatever IP the router has is the IP any device connected is receiving. Therefor yes if you get caught on ANY account on ANY computer in the house connect to that ROUTER, it can have a chain ban affect

You have no way of knowing that chain bans are caused by concurrent connections.

First off, its internal & external ip. External ip in lay man terms its public ip.

As long all devices are using the same router, all devices have the same external ip. Internal ip given by the router does not do anything.

When Jagex bans an external ip, all accounts having the same external ip, be it different devices has a slight chance to be banned (Chain ban). Thus it is advisable to get a proxy to prevent such cases from happening.

• Like 1

@@TrapMan

Each one of your devices has it's own private IP, which is assigned by the router. Your router has a public IP which is assigned by your ISP. If you aren't using a proxy, then each client will establish a connection to Jagex's servers, all of which will show your public IP.

No one knows how Jagex decides to ban accounts. Personally I'm of the opinion that Jagex doesn't the location from which a originates from as a significant part of their banning algorithm (if at all), because there are too many instances where that would raise a false positive (shared apartment connections, university/work networks, public networks, etc). I also think that many people buy a shitty $2.00 proxy, which is probably being oversold to 20 other bots, and then think they are safe. If anything, this is even worse than using no proxy at all.

Ah, Thanks.

People need to draw to explain things like this to retarded people like me. :)

First off, its internal & external ip. External ip in lay man terms its public ip.

As long all devices are using the same router, all devices have the same external ip. Internal ip given by the router does not do anything.

When Jagex bans an external ip, all accounts having the same external ip, be it different devices has a slight chance to be banned (Chain ban). Thus it is advisable to get a proxy to prevent such cases from happening.

Oh, that made it more clear. Wow, Thanks!

btsENG3.png

@Trapman Edit: To answer your question,

This is what it looks like when device 1 is routing traffic through a proxy server and device 2 is not.

7npLxVN.png

Your router is assigned a public IP by your ISP. In the case where you are using a proxy server, that proxy server also has a public IP. In this scenario, if devices 1 and 2 ping the same server, that server will see the public IP addresses of the proxy server from device 1, and that proxy server sees your public IP. That server will see the public IP address of your network when you ping it using device 2.

That is quite a classy penis.

You have no way of knowing that chain bans are caused by concurrent connections.

Are you kidding me? As soon as one account gets caught they can then see EVERY account you have linked to that IP, if they are indeed botting they are likely to go down to giving you a chain ban, they can even get ur legit mules this way, Its literally the ONLY thing that causes chain bans and is why we use proxies

Edited by edgy

As usual, you demonstrate ignorance by pretending to know that which you know nothing about. Private, local, and internal are synonyms, as are public and external, and are all acceptable for use. 

See section 3 of RFC 1918, which set the standard for private network address assignment.

As for for last comment about internal addresses doing nothing...

gnome.png

As usual, you demonstrate ignorance by pretending to know that which you know nothing about. Private, local, and internal are synonyms, as are public and external, and are all acceptable for use. 

See section 3 of RFC 1918, which set the standard for private network address assignment.

As for for last comment about internal addresses doing nothing...

gnome.png

With relevance to op's question, internal ip does not affect bans. Hence, in my viewpoint, does nothing.

It's actually your router that is assigning that ip to you. If you happen to be able to use another subnet do that, by manually selecting a ip and not by just letting your computer automatically reach out to the router. I'm not a super geek. Google a little and you'll know what to do. Or just use proxies.