Reducing osbots mem usage

madago227

You are most likely running out of memory. You can troubleshoot this by opening a command prompt and starting OSBot with the following command

java -jar client.jar -login osbotusername:osbotpassword -mem d

It will print an error and the default memory allocation in my case 3616MB

Memory allocation not a valid number, using default
Setting memory at 3616MB 

If your default memory allocation is not 4 digit then this is your problem and you can fix it by starting OSBot from command line with the flag -mem 1024 

That prevents becoming unresponsive, in order to actually reduce the memory usage your only solution would be using scripts that don't require webwalking at all

Edited by Token

He could also try using low resource mode. I might expand on low resource mode soon.

I am unable to use low resource mode as it disables my input without pausing and disables paint which are both needed as my script is simply a helper with no actions ingame.

You are most likely running out of memory. You can troubleshoot this by opening a command prompt and starting OSBot with the following command

java -jar client.jar -login osbotusername:osbotpassword -mem d

It will print an error and the default memory allocation in my case 3616MB

Memory allocation not a valid number, using default
Setting memory at 3616MB 

If your default memory allocation is not 4 digit then this is your problem and you can fix it by starting OSBot from command line with the flag -mem 1024 

That prevents becoming unresponsive, in order to actually reduce the memory usage your only solution would be using scripts that don't require webwalking at all

If I set it to -mem 1024 with only 8gb ram on some pcs running 12 clients will this work still? there is currently no web walking or bot actions ingame it is simply a script that displays a paint.

I am unable to use low resource mode as it disables my input without pausing and disables paint which are both needed as my script is simply a helper with no actions ingame.

If I set it to -mem 1024 with only 8gb ram on some pcs running 12 clients will this work still? there is currently no web walking or bot actions ingame it is simply a script that displays a paint.

What was the previous memory allocation?

@Alek Hey Alek, I tried using low resource + low CPU mode using CLI. And then I tried normal client load up and went to settings option to select low CPU mode from there. From the 2 options, I didn't see any significant different. Actually there was no difference at all. So my question is why would we low resouce + low CPU it from CLI when we can do it from the settings and achieve the same result.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I hoped I could lower my CPU further more using CLI then regular low CPU mode. Both low CPU modes reduce the CPU usage dramatically tho when neither are used, so that part still definitely works.

@Alek Hey Alek, I tried using low resource + low CPU mode using CLI. And then I tried normal client load up and went to settings option to select low CPU mode from there. From the 2 options, I didn't see any significant different. Actually there was no difference at all. So my question is why would we low resouce + low CPU it from CLI when we can do it from the settings and achieve the same result.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I hoped I could lower my CPU further more using CLI then regular low CPU mode. Both low CPU modes reduce the CPU usage dramatically tho when neither are used, so that part still definitely works.

The -allow lowcpu flag is provided at CLI level because it's probably the most common setting we use while botting and the whole point of using CLI is starting a lot faster (support for goldfarming). It has the same effect as the lowcpu checkbox in your settings but access to it is provided from outside the client. 

-allow lowresource will disable things like debuggers, script and client paint, the window theme which you cannot modify after the client has been started so this is only possible from CLI. 

@@Globbee

If a script is not working in lowresource mode, that has nothing to do with the client or lowresource mode as the only way it can affect scripts is by disabling the paint thread so the onPaint() method is no longer called. If scripters write their script code or their script depends in any way on the paint thread that is just blatantly wrong and you should inform them.

i didn't use the flag for mem previously so default? Would I be ok to do -mem 1024 with only 8gb ram and 12 clients?

They may be running slowly but without any background processes maybe. The use of -mem 1024 only applies if your default memory allocation is too low so that's why I asked you what was the default one. This won't change anything if that's not the case.