Help with animated objects

swiffy

Hi.

So I'm wondering how to check if an object is performing an animation or not. I'm working on a Dwarf-multicannon but I have no idea how to check if the cannon is rotating or needs to be fired.. For Character's you could just use character.isAnimating() but RS2Objects don't have that check.

f0b438ab2c70339a249aa761863706c2.png

Anyone have any ideas?

Hi.

So I'm wondering how to check if an object is performing an animation or not. I'm working on a Dwarf-multicannon but I have no idea how to check if the cannon is rotating or needs to be fired.. For Character's you could just use character.isAnimating() but RS2Objects don't have that check.

f0b438ab2c70339a249aa761863706c2.png

Anyone have any ideas?

try checking its height or its model

• Like 1

Do you mean that I should save the model id for when the cannon is not rotating, and then compare it with the rotating one..?

height shouldn't change lol

i'm not sure what actually changes in your situation, try checking if its height changes when its rotating and if its model id is different when rotating

There should be a config value that changes when the cannon is firing. Try config debug

Additionally there will probably be a config storing how many cannonballs it has left

EDIT: I don't have the config for cannon state on hand; but remaining cannonballs should be

int cBalls = getConfigs().get(3);

From that you could make the assumption that cannon is not firing if cBalls is 0

Edited by FrostBug
  • Like 1