Ban's being Squashed if account is 'hijacked'

RevengeHurtz

Just curious if the whole thing where if you recover an account with a ban on it, it will be squashed?

I've seen pictures of account status's with such but i was never sure if that was actually real.

Also, what exactly would classify as the account being 'hijacked'. If you were able to just switch over everything to someone else and let them bot your account for you until its banned, then just recover it and claim it to be hijacked, would that work?

I believe squashes are actually from people who were hacked. Assuming you are just going to use it to be unbanned (due to being banned for botting I guess?) you would need some hard hard evidence.

I believe squashes are actually from people who were hacked. Assuming you are just going to use it to be unbanned (due to being banned for botting I guess?) you would need some hard hard evidence.

The reason i ask is because I've seen a couple times where someone sells an account to a buyer. Then, the buyer gets the account banned after purchase, so the seller recovers the account and gets it unbanned and either keeps it for themselves and refunds, or returns the account to the buyer after unban.

Just curious if the whole thing where if you recover an account with a ban on it, it will be squashed?

I've seen pictures of account status's with such but i was never sure if that was actually real.

Also, what exactly would classify as the account being 'hijacked'. If you were able to just switch over everything to someone else and let them bot your account for you until its banned, then just recover it and claim it to be hijacked, would that work?

Yes.

Ive recovered 6 hijacked accounts that were banned between 2006-2016 for macroing. All were unbanned

The reason i ask is because I've seen a couple times where someone sells an account to a buyer. Then, the buyer gets the account banned after purchase, so the seller recovers the account and gets it unbanned and either keeps it for themselves and refunds, or returns the account to the buyer after unban.

The usual case for that is actually due to the person being a scum bag, they are normally in intent to wait until it gets banned or so on to make a bit more profit off looted items etc.

Not true, I get bans quashed all the time with basically no evidence of anything :p

That's interesting to hear, they only unban macros etc based on being hijacked.