Anyone used a Chromecast before?

Realist

Ive got one and i use it regularly with apps like MovieHD on my Oneplus 2.

Pretty decent but it depends what app you'd use to watch stuff

I'm planning to use Showbox, i'm sure it'd be similar to MovieHD

e: do you literally just plug it in HDMI and configure w/ ur phone and ur good 2go?

Edited by Realist

I have tried to stream a movie through kodi genesis from my desktop to the TV with chromecast. Didnt quite work out unfortunately, the sound disappeared every now and then. Not sure if it works more stable from a mobile phone though.

I used to have similar problems but its because chromecast doesnt work well with some file types (most 720p)

I have tried to stream a movie through kodi genesis from my desktop to the TV with chromecast. Didnt quite work out unfortunately, the sound disappeared every now and then. Not sure if it works more stable from a mobile phone though.

couldn't you just get an android tv box? they're like the same cost as an actual chromecast itself and do so much more

couldn't you just get an android tv box? they're like the same cost as an actual chromecast itself and do so much more

Dad bought this a while back, thought I should try it that's why.

I used to have similar problems but its because chromecast doesnt work well with some file types (most 720p)

Yeah, I tried streaming 1080p. maybe the newer chromecast supports better HD streaming.

• Like 1