Anime/Manga

Gorilla Sensei

Is there any weebs amidst the Chinese cartoon hate that there seems to be in this place?

These are my thoughts on the this season

AssClass S2 - Great start so far just like S1 was, the contrast from silly comedy to crazy assassins in this anime is amazing

Ao no Kanata no Four Rythm - The flying anime based off of that VN, not bad really some pretty cool flying animation and the characters are quite likeable
Boku dake ga Inai Machi (Erased) - Honest contender for aots; I've always had a weak spot for mystery anime and this one does very well at setting the scene for potential suspects and its nice that this one doesn't hold up on any fronts at in terms of the abuse & violence which is important for this kind of show.
Dimension W - Another bright spark of this season, I'm not quite sure where this one is going but I'm enjoying the ride plus robot cat girls? Who can hate?
Divine Gate - wasn't so sure about this one because of the CGI-ish animation but the action scenes seem to be done relatively well and there is some deep ass back stories which have really piqued my interests, this one looks really promising.
Haikyuu S2 - What can I say its Haikyuu? The most recent episode had some seriously kickass animation, I love Haikyuu
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! - So dude dies by diving a girls life by pushing her out of the way of an incoming vehicle... a condescending godess tells him that instead of reincarnation she can put him in a fantasy world to slay the demon king - this is a nice little twist of the SAO-copy-genre as its more of a parody on the MMORPG type game, I've really enjoyed it so far.
Koyomimonogatari - collection of short stories leading up to Araragi's University exams, its Monogatari I'm not gonna bash
Musaigen no Phantom World - Boob Physics.
Prince of Stride - I'm not really sure about this one, I was really excited from the PV because it showed some sickass running, unbeknownst to me it was based off of a girls romcom VN and its gay as fuck so idk, I think I'll stick around for a little longer tho
Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu - Sooooo this girl talks this one uninspiring guy into becoming a seiyuu for girl games like lthe one listed above, I've kinda liked this one so far and it seems to be pretty funny being a parody of the genre (the girl takes the dude out on a date and takes notes man) 

Favourite mango/animu whatever I know it all, my MAL is bentokey

Thnx

90% of the community is weeb

How come they don't express it? Its like being a weeb is bad or something around here

my favorite animes are oregiaru and angel beats

gonna watch some of this season's anime when theyre fully aired

Come on man you can do better than that, Angel Beats was just a poor mockery of its predecessor Clannad

Erased looking really good atm, can't wait to see how it ends.

Erased & Dimension W are probably my favourites of the season

I have really eclectic taste in that I will watch almost any genre(although school life is probably my least favorite there are some good series I liked from that particular genre such as angel beats/The Melancholy of Haruhi). I am also kind of behind on the current series(mostly because I prefer dubs to subs). My favorite anime series is probably a tie between Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Spice & Wolf. There are several close titles too but those two are by far the most iconic/meaningful for me.

Edited by Noah Phoenix

I have really eclectic taste in that I will watch almost any genre(although school life is probably my least favorite there are some good series I liked from that particular genre such as angel beats/The Melancholy of Haruhi). I am also kind of behind on the current series(mostly because I prefer dubs to subs). My favorite anime series is probably a tie between Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Spice & Wolf. There are several close titles too but those two are by far the most iconic/meaningful for me.

I kind of feel like you're still in that shonen/dub stage of anime watching and haven't quite leaped into many different genres and types of anime yet, which is a bit of a shame because there is some really cool stuff out there

I kind of feel like you're still in that shonen/dub stage of anime watching and haven't quite leaped into many different genres and types of anime yet, which is a bit of a shame because there is some really cool stuff out there

Perhaps I am although I have watched about 40 different series(which might not be a lot compared to the hardcore otaku types but that's still substantial in my opinion). It probably would have been more if I wasn't always so busy studying. However now that I am shifting gears and focusing more on gaining life/work experience I have way more time to spare =).

Here's my MAL incase you want to see what I have watched http://myanimelist.net/profile/NoahTheWisewolf

I am always open to suggestions on more series to watch.

Perhaps I am although I have watched about 40 different series(which might not be a lot compared to the hardcore otaku types but that's still substantial in my opinion). It probably would have been more if I wasn't always so busy studying. However now that I am shifting gears and focusing more on gaining life/work experience I have way more time to spare =).

Here's my MAL incase you want to see what I have watched http://myanimelist.net/profile/NoahTheWisewolf

I am always open to suggestions on more series to watch.

I've always found time to watch around 20 anime per season (20 minutes each per week) regardless of full time study & work, if you plan yourself well it is very doable.

As for your MAL I more or less expected as much, as you watch more you kind of realise the repeating theme in shonen anime and the need for seiyuu that are done so well in Japan.

Bare necessities are:

Bakemonogatari (the whole series)

Cowboy Bebop

Fate/Zero

Gintama (comedy)

Zetsuen no Tempest

Major (baseball)

Clannad (feels)

Serial Experiments Lain

Ergo Proxy

Gosick (mystery)

Kekkai Sensen

I could go on

If you ever feel like marathoning something though you should watch Detective Conan which has one of the best overarching plots in any media I've ever seen.

• Like 1

I've always found time to watch around 20 anime per season (20 minutes each per week) regardless of full time study & work, if you plan yourself well it is very doable.

As for your MAL I more or less expected as much, as you watch more you kind of realise the repeating theme in shonen anime and the need for seiyuu that are done so well in Japan.

Bare necessities are:

Bakemonogatari (the whole series)

Cowboy Bebop

Fate/Zero

Gintama (comedy)

Zetsuen no Tempest

Major (baseball)

Clannad (feels)

Serial Experiments Lain

Ergo Proxy

Gosick (mystery)

Kekkai Sensen

I could go on

If you ever feel like marathoning something though you should watch Detective Conan which has one of the best overarching plots in any media I've ever seen.

Thank you for the advice I actually planned on watching some of those series you mentioned already(specifically cowboy  bebop,Fate series(but I think I have to do the visual novels first),Clannad and serial experiments lain). Isn't detective conan case closed? I remember watching that like 13 years ago I think it was on either adult swim or toonami.

1610895_953907578008610_2709289915595680

Thank you for the advice I actually planned on watching some of those series you mentioned already(specifically cowboy  bebop,Fate series(but I think I have to do the visual novels first),Clannad and serial experiments lain). Isn't detective conan case closed? I remember watching that like 13 years ago I think it was on either adult swim or toonami.

1610895_953907578008610_2709289915595680

Ye just a word of warning the Fate VN is an eroge (hentai anime game).

Detective Conan was given the name Case Closed when Funimation dubbed it to English because of copyright reasons, they only got up to 117 episodes or so though because people just preferred the fansubbed anime version (the English version changed all the characters names and other stuff). It is still ongoing in both the manga and anime (this year is its 25th year running), its a great series if you love mystery

• Like 1

Ye just a word of warning the Fate VN is an eroge (hentai anime game).

Detective Conan was given the name Case Closed when Funimation dubbed it to English because of copyright reasons, they only got up to 117 episodes or so though because people just preferred the fansubbed anime version (the English version changed all the characters names and other stuff). It is still ongoing in both the manga and anime (this year is its 25th year running), its a great series if you love mystery

Well I like hentai/eechi/harems etc so that works for me =). Queen's blade is probably my favorite series of that genre have you seen it?

I have watched subs before(I liked Parasyte the maxim so much I couldn't wait for Adult swim to dub the other half so I just spam watched the other half in one day kind of regret it but at the same time not really). I will definitely need to add Detective conan to my list. Do you recommend I watch the english up until it stopped being dubbed and then go to subs or just start from the beginning with subs?