[Suggestion] OSbot - Private server

The Hero of Time

Scripters need to test their script in order to get a functional script. in order to test a script, the scripter needs:

• An account
  • Stats required for the script

the requirements of a script can be quite high, so if a scripter needs an account to test it on, the account will be at risk since it's logged into a bot client + running a script

Now here's my idea. Tell me if it's impossible, not likely, or just stupid. 

OSbot private server

An exact copy from OSRS, without modifications.

• You can test your scripts all you want without getting banned
  • You can set your own stats (example: 63 hunter for a red chin script)

Not only will this reduce the bans, throwing away a potentially good account, it will also not require time to train the skills. 63 hunter can take a while to train, and if you bot it, you will have a chance of getting banned along the way

Adding to the benefits, a scripter can design a script that he otherwise couldn't make. a script with high requirements, example: Zulrah. There are a lot of other scripts that can be made with high requirements. 

You could also test your script and go for a 100-hour proggy, without any chance of getting banned

server only accesable by scripters / staff obviously

Edited by The Hero of Time
  • Like 4

But wouldn't the content be different to current servers out there?

Most servers seem to be somewhat behind on data or not the same overall, so you'd have to have a coder create a full server overall first, and then begin to also update every time runescape update no?

maybe I'm wrong but not sure.

however, I'd play it and test all scripts.

Edited by Give me nats

i'd love to play an osbot server

3e242aca1d.png

read before posting please. you didn't read anything, did you?

But wouldn't the content be different to current servers out there?

what do you mean? like stated in the post, an exact copy of OSRS like it is today, so you can bot all you want to test out your script without any problems, you could even test if your script can run 100 hours, with 0% ban chance

Edited by The Hero of Time
  • Like 1

3e242aca1d.png

read before posting please. you didn't read anything, did you?

what do you mean? like stated in the post, an exact copy of OSRS like it is today, so you can bot all you want to test out your script without any problems, you could even test if your script can run 100 hours, with 0% ban chance

i read it, but why should it only be accessible to scripters and staff? it could potentially make osbot loads of money via donations

:???:

• Like 1

i read it, but why should it only be accessible to scripters and staff? it could potentially make osbot loads of money via donations

emote32342.png

You're missing the entire point of the server. the only purpose of the server is to test scripts, not to play on. if you make it accesable for thousands of people you need better servers, and you might also need mods and other stuff that comes with a public private rs server

:???:

• Like 1

emote32342.png

I do somewhat agree that it should be open to some public, because it might promote more people to learn scripting if they have a safer environment to test. And If they had a dedicated coder why not have it played at the same time to enjoy the fun why botting.

how on earth are you going to get a replica of osrs server?

solution #1 bribe one of the Mods

soultion #2 physically go in jagex studio and steal the source codE?

like i said, tell me if it's impossible. how do people make private servers? i have no knowledge of it, but since there are a lot of RS private servers out there, i thought it might be possible