Jump to content

Dismiss Random Question


Brett
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yes, but what I'm saying is if you don't answer these randoms, does it affect the ban rate?

 

There is no way to be 100% sure about this, but personally I think it can, but I highly doubt it is a major factor. Here is my take on it (strictly opinion/educated guess):

 

I don't really think it is random at all, but actually extremely calculated. This is because Jagex's detection system is based so highly off of statistics. I would guess that 98% of randoms go to legitimate players while the other 2% go to expected bots. Now, most of the 98% will either do the random or click "dismiss" (but not all), while most of the 2% will simply ignore it. Knowing that almost all of the people you test will be clean, you can then gather data on what that person is doing and how they are doing it, reaction time to the random, etc. Out of that 98% who are expected to be legitimate players, you can then break it down into skill type, afkable, click intensive, or somewhere in the middle. More than likely, the 98%ers who completely ignored the random were probably doing an afk skill such as fishing, while the 98%ers who dismissed/did the random were probably doing something click intensive. Taking this data gathered from the 98% Jagex can then compare it to the people who fall into the 2% category.

 

This alone will more than likely not be the deciding factor between you getting ban or not, but rather be a potential red flag for Jagex to take a closer look at your account. This is where the statistics come into play. If you are in the 2% and fishing, well that is an extremely afkable skill, so you automatically have a higher chance of ignoring it. But if Jagex sees you have ignored 5 randoms in a row then notices you have been playing for 20 hours straight or in a perfect/extremely similar intervals non-stop, then that will raise another red flag.

 

 

 

TL;DR Version:

I believe Jagex uses statistics/data gathered from "random" events to raise a red flag on an account that is potentially botting, thus Jagex will decide if the red flag is worth looking into or if they will just look past it. Random events alone will not be the deciding factor in a bannable situation.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is no way to be 100% sure about this, but personally I think it can, but I highly doubt it is a major factor. Here is my take on it (strictly opinion/educated guess):

 

I don't really think it is random at all, but actually extremely calculated. This is because Jagex's detection system is based so highly off of statistics. I would guess that 98% of randoms go to legitimate players while the other 2% go to expected bots. Now, most of the 98% will either do the random or click "dismiss" (but not all), while most of the 2% will simply ignore it. Knowing that almost all of the people you test will be clean, you can then gather data on what that person is doing and how they are doing it, reaction time to the random, etc. Out of that 98% who are expected to be legitimate players, you can then break it down into skill type, afkable, click intensive, or somewhere in the middle. More than likely, the 98%ers who completely ignored the random were probably doing an afk skill such as fishing, while the 98%ers who dismissed/did the random were probably doing something click intensive. Taking this data gathered from the 98% Jagex can then compare it to the people who fall into the 2% category.

 

This alone will more than likely not be the deciding factor between you getting ban or not, but rather be a potential red flag for Jagex to take a closer look at your account. This is where the statistics come into play. If you are in the 2% and fishing, well that is an extremely afkable skill, so you automatically have a higher chance of ignoring it. But if Jagex sees you have ignored 5 randoms in a row then notices you have been playing for 20 hours straight or in a perfect/extremely similar intervals non-stop, then that will raise another red flag.

 

 

 

TL;DR Version:

I believe Jagex uses statistics/data gathered from "random" events to raise a red flag on an account that is potentially botting, thus Jagex will decide if the red flag is worth looking into or if they will just look past it. Random events alone will not be the deciding factor in a bannable situation.

 

This is along the lines of what I originally thought but I didn't know for sure if anyone actually knew. But that is some very logical thinking. I wouldn't have been able to explain it in words like that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doubt it would affect ban rate if you selected the bot to dismiss them, 95% of legitimate players hate randoms and will dismiss or ignore them, unless it's an xp reward random like the genie. In my opinion people overthink these things, you really think Jagex is collecting all this data on whether people dismiss/ignore or complete randoms while training certain skills/doing specific activities? The osrs team is really small and they don't have time for these things. Yes they catch bots, but not because of random event data lmao.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doubt it would affect ban rate if you selected the bot to dismiss them, 95% of legitimate players hate randoms and will dismiss or ignore them, unless it's an xp reward random like the genie. In my opinion people overthink these things, you really think Jagex is collecting all this data on whether people dismiss/ignore or complete randoms while training certain skills/doing specific activities? The osrs team is really small and they don't have time for these things. Yes they catch bots, but not because of random event data lmao.

 

That is honestly one of the dumbest things I've ever read facep.gif  With that logic there would be no bot detection system in place lol. I've read something lke 90% of bans are presumably based on click profiling because of the statistics and data that the anti-macro software that Jagex uses has collected. That being said, collecting simple data (i.e. what skill is being trained) using a random event is sub-atomic comparatively. If they went as far as banning 98% of all botters, in turn wiping out damn near all of their income from memberships... I am pretty confident that they are doing some sort of data collection lol.

 

Plus the OP was asking if all randoms are ignored, would it increase the ban rate. And to that I said: it would POTENTIALLY raise red flags, but it wouldn't be the deciding factor of a ban or not. I also clearly stated it's an opinion/educated guess. I can't really speak for you, but if you knew anything about statistics, or really had any form of common sense, you would know the larger your sample size, the more accurate your data becomes. So really it would be stupid for Jagex not to continually collect data. As bots evolve and get smarter/more human-like, they need the most accurate representation of how a real player plays to ensure they can ban the maximum amount of bots with the smallest chance of making a mistake.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im pretty sure legit players dismiss all of them anyway.

 

I do them so that I can collect all of the random event stuff to be honest. blink.png

 

There's a bot detection system in place but it doesn't detect you're a bot because you didn't dismiss a random rofl

 

If bot detection has nothing to do with random events, what do you think they are for? huh.png

It isn't that just one random that you don't respond to means you're a bot but what if you don't respond to, for example, around 15 of them in a row? Maybe even along the lines of 50 in a row to make an exaggeration of it.

Edited by Brett
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do them so that I can collect all of the random event stuff to be honest. blink.png

 

 

If bot detection has nothing to do with random events, what do you think they are for? huh.png

It isn't that just one random that you don't respond to means you're a bot but what if you don't respond to, for example, around 15 of them in a row? Maybe even along the lines of 50 in a row to make an exaggeration of it.

 

They were originally put in to disrupt bots, and have just remained in for years even while bots are capable of completing random events. 

 

Most people ignore/dismiss randoms so I'm not sure what you're worried about, the only randoms I do are the xp ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They were originally put in to disrupt bots, and have just remained in for years even while bots are capable of completing random events. 

 

Most people ignore/dismiss randoms so I'm not sure what you're worried about, the only randoms I do are the xp ones.

 

I'm not worried. dry.png

 

I am just simply curious as to the true use of randoms by Jagex. If they were used awhile ago for bots, why would it be so stupid to think that they are still used for bots today? huh.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...