Does changing planes change the map?

Brian

Trying to do some antiban testing and was wondering if when you change planes it loads a new RS map?

The coordinates are the same as the plane below except the z value changes:

Position floorGround = new Position(2143, 2813, 0);
Position floorOne = new Position(2143, 2813, 1);

//Also if your making an area you must do it like this if z != 0

Area topFloor = new Area(new Position(2143, 2813, 1), new Position(2168, 2832, 1));

//A new map is loaded, as seen on the minimap however if you open the game map it will show the regular z=0 plane.

I hope that answers your question.

Edited by LoudPacks

The coordinates are the same as the plane below except the z value changes:

Position floorGround = new Position(2143, 2813, 0);
Position floorOne = new Position(2143, 2813, 1);

//Also if your making an area you must do it like this if z != 0

Area topFloor = new Area(new Position(2143, 2813, 1), new Position(2168, 2832, 1));

//A new map is loaded, as seen on the minimap however if you open the game map it will show the regular z=0 plane.

I hope that answers your question.

I understand position/z/etc.  It was more of a question about how map loading for RS works.  For example, when I am in Varrok center, the map of Cammy is not loaded.  If I am on the 2nd floor of a building, is the first/third floor of the building loaded?

This isn't anything API/code related, I know how that works.  I am just testing out some antibans and am trying to load a new map and the easiest way from the position of my script would be to go down and up a ladder, I am just wondering if when you change planes, your map is always reloaded, or if I at position lets say, (100,100,0) is the tile (100,100,1) loaded already?

Edited by Brian

I understand position/z/etc.  It was more of a question about how map loading for RS works.  For example, when I am in Varrok center, the map of Cammy is not loaded.  If I am on the 2nd floor of a building, is the first/third floor of the building loaded?

This isn't anything API/code related, I know how that works.  I am just testing out some antibans and am trying to load a new map and the easiest way from the position of my script would be to go down and up a ladder, I am just wondering if when you change planes, your map is always reloaded, or if I at position lets say, (100,100,0) is the tile (100,100,1) loaded already?

No it is not, if you try for example to use a localWalker and walk to (100,100,1) from (100,100,0) it will throw an error that the tile can not be found.

Well, 4 Clipping graphs are loaded at a time (1 for each Z coordinate). I don't know if they all contain information, but if they do, then they are essentially loaded.

Try checking it out.

Clipping graphs can be gotten thru:

XClippingPlane[] = getMap().getRegion().getClippingPlanes();

Index it with a Z coordinate and grab the tile flags from the ClippingPlane. Tile flags contain information about each tile in the plane (104x104 tiles). Eg. if they're walkable.

If you think about it, it makes sense for all planes to be loaded. Some objects are rendered from different planes than they are actually located. Eg. if you're on the 2nd floor of a house, there are often certain objects that'll be rendered from the base floor, but obviously cannot be interacted with.

Edited by FrostBug