Looking @ Buying A Laptop - Advice NEEDED!

war lord 944

Currently this is what i am going for; http://www.pcmarket.com.au/shop/asus/notebooks/asus-x555lj-x555lj-dm461t-intel-core-i7-5500u-156-full-hd-notebook-windows-10

It has a decent graphics card, a solid 8g ram that can be upgraded to 12, and a good processor, but really i think I'm getting the most 'bang for my buck'.

Keep in mind its worth 1050 AUD, which translates to roughly 750 USD.

What do you guys think? 

Currently this is what i am going for; http://www.pcmarket.com.au/shop/asus/notebooks/asus-x555lj-x555lj-dm461t-intel-core-i7-5500u-156-full-hd-notebook-windows-10

It has a decent graphics card, a solid 8g ram that can be upgraded to 12, and a good processor, but really i think I'm getting the most 'bang for my buck'.

Keep in mind its worth 1050 AUD, which translates to roughly 750 USD.

What do you guys think? 

Looks good imo (:

buy asus rog laptops. The cheap version of alienware. Got one for 1.3k gta 5 full hd, runescape ofc full hd. running tons of bots with no problem. ASUS ROG is the way to go if you want a laptop for gaming.

asus is the way to go if you don't mind everything on it falling apart in less than a year. there is a reason it is the cheap version of alienware. my friend bought an asus and i laughed at him and i said he's gonna regret it, so he said just you wait, this laptop will last longer than yours. 7 months later his screen only worked when it was at a specific angle, shortly after the keyboard gave out and shortly after that the spot where you plug in the power cord broke and fell inside of the laptop.

my point being, it may have the hardware but the quality of their products is horrible. just my opinion though. apparently asus got 64/100 on this website, ranking it 7th out of the laptop companies, which is ok i guess.

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/laptop-brand-ratings

Please tell me how he is supposed to build a laptop.

i'm pretty sure msi offers more customability and upgradibility. check them out and find out for yourself smile.png

I think I might want a graphics card, just to 'future proof' it so that i get the most use of it incase I do turn to more graphic heavy games.

Unless you want to double your budget, any laptop GPU won't run most current games well, let alone future releases.

Also americans make note that this is Austrailia so $100=$70 and stuff is probably more expensive than in the US anyway like it is in Europe.

Edited by Diclonius

asus is the way to go if you don't mind everything on it falling apart in less than a year. there is a reason it is the cheap version of alienware. my friend bought an asus and i laughed at him and i said he's gonna regret it, so he said just you wait, this laptop will last longer than yours. 7 months later his screen only worked when it was at a specific angle, shortly after the keyboard gave out and shortly after that the spot where you plug in the power cord broke and fell inside of the laptop.

my point being, it may have the hardware but the quality of their products is horrible. just my opinion though. apparently asus got 64/100 on this website, ranking it 7th out of the laptop companies, which is ok i guess.

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/laptop-brand-ratings

i'm pretty sure msi offers more customability and upgradibility. check them out and find out for yourself smile.png

I woudlnt say you are building a laptop when you are just customizing it. And Im sure MSI wants shit ton of money for uncessary "build"

I woudlnt say you are building a laptop when you are just customizing it. And Im sure MSI wants shit ton of money for uncessary "build"

You quoted the wrong part of my post so i was confused as hell at first.

Anyways, you are right, one cannot really build a laptop as one would with a desktop, but the term still works well in the context that it is used. Customizing describes it better and yes msi is overpriced as hell. There are much better alternatives for the money you end up spending on msi or alienware.