Need new IP - Paying 1m osrs gp for guidance

BackToRS

Call your ISP or turn off your modem and router for a couple of hours

That was the worst advice ever; i called them and they said i cant do it unless i have a router. Then he asked why i would want to change my ip adress.. when i said that it was for a game he just started laughing LOL

Anyway; still looking for a way !

That was the worst advice ever; i called them and they said i cant do it unless i have a router. Then he asked why i would want to change my ip adress.. when i said that it was for a game he just started laughing LOL

Anyway; still looking for a way !

This happened to me as well, Canadian ISP?

I am just using a private proxy now.

I tried doing that but i end up purchasing a vps; don't even know what that is.

Also; i dont know how a vpn works or what it looks like

Maybe you should try googling or looking around the forum first then. Theres plenty of tutorials. A VPS is a virtual private server, where a VPN is a virtual private network. It's basically a tunnel that masks your IP because it send your internet traffic thu a different server before reaching it's destination, making it look like the traffic came from another place.

Maybe you should try googling or looking around the forum first then. Theres plenty of tutorials. A VPS is a virtual private server, where a VPN is a virtual private network. It's basically a tunnel that masks your IP because it send your internet traffic thu a different server before reaching it's destination, making it look like the traffic came from another place.

Damn, i actually DID google alot but didnt understand shit.

Your explanation made me understand tho..

Okay so i found this site 'cyberghostvpn'... you familiar with them?

Damn, i actually DID google alot but didnt understand shit.

Your explanation made me understand tho..

Okay so i found this site 'cyberghostvpn'... you familiar with them?

Unless you purchase the premium, the free version is overly used and most IPs are probably flagged.

As for your ISP, call them and demand them an ISP change. Why should they question you? You're a customer, and what you ask for is what they should provide, no questions and certainly no rudeness.

Edited by MrLolWhat

Unless you purchase the premium, the free version is overly used and most IPs are probably flagged.

As for your ISP, call them and demand them an ISP change. Why should they question you? You're a customer, and what you ask for is what they should provide, no questions and certainly no rudeness.

Yes im willing to use the premium versiona and pay for it.

I agree with your manner of taking action however; he said that i have a wi-if modem of which the IP can't be changed unless i do it manually trough the computer settings or something? also i'd have to do that for every computer.

Yes im willing to use the premium versiona and pay for it.

I agree with your manner of taking action however; he said that i have a wi-if modem of which the IP can't be changed unless i do it manually trough the computer settings or something? also i'd have to do that for every computer.

Sounds more like he was refering to your LAN IP's, which is something totally different from your WAN IP.

The WAN is the one that anyone else from the web can see, for example when you access a site.

Your LAN is just a local IP, usually something in the range of 192.168.1.x