(C:) Drive keeps filling up? Check this thread out!

Keven

This thread is just a tip for people who don't know this. I just learnt this a minute ago so I wanted to share this out of good will. My C: drive was just filling up every time. I never hibernate my pc so if you don't usually hibernate your pc, follow these steps. First open cmd and you MUST run as administrator. The gif explains it all.

0fbf508b43f4e93288d788039b779774.gif

After you open cmd, type "powercfg.exe /hibernate off" Without the ""! When you run this command, you won't be able to hibernate your pc and it will temporarily delete your hibernate files. However, If you want to enable it back, simply type "powercfg.exe /hibernate on"

Hope this helps at least a few people. Thanks!

I am not sure how safe this is! Do it at your own risk!

Edited by Keven

The "science" of this:

In windows, we have 2 SWAP partitions (or files if you will): hiberfile.sys and pagefile.sys - hiberfile stores the states of every program for when you hibernate (it's how we recover programs, it's essentially a dump of your RAM). Disabling this means that you can't hibernate, which means hiberfile no longer has a dump of the RAM and is now useless (and empty).

I wouldn't recommend doing this, as it can cause problems.

The "science" of this:

In windows, we have 2 SWAP partitions (or files if you will): hiberfile.sys and pagefile.sys - hiberfile stores the states of every program for when you hibernate (it's how we recover programs, it's essentially a dump of your RAM). Disabling this means that you can't hibernate, which means hiberfile no longer has a dump of the RAM and is now useless (and empty).

I wouldn't recommend doing this, as it can cause problems.

You may be right. I googled about it and didn't find too many problems. Hope I don't come across any problems.