Opinions on this laptop price?

Chicken Wing

Deal or No Deal?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

• Yes
    • No

Ignore the idiots, that i3 is perfectly fine. That cpu actually beats most laptop i5s. i3, i5, i7 doesn't really mean very much, it's all just marketing. That IPS panel is really nice too. You can't really game on a £400 laptop so getting a dedicated GPU isn't important since it's going to be shit anyway. Get 8GB of RAM and I say it's worth it.

Thats exactly what I was thinking too... also i'm not even gaming on this, its just for work, I already have a pc

It might also be worth getting an SSD, I imagine that the ones on the site will be overpriced, but you should be able to install one yourself quite easily.

Yeah I was thinking of ordering it without a disk drive and just buy an ssd from amazon, but the price difference is just a few pounds compared to the site 

Ignore the idiots, that i3 is perfectly fine. That cpu actually beats most laptop i5s. i3, i5, i7 doesn't really mean very much, it's all just marketing. That IPS panel is really nice too. You can't really game on a £400 laptop so getting a dedicated GPU isn't important since it's going to be shit anyway. Get 8GB of RAM and I say it's worth it.

Wrong. I picked mine up for $430'ish and do pretty well.

0d009e3874.png

Well... i3 can't turbo boost last I checked... I think there's also no intel vt support with i3.

For programming neither really matters, I just think he can get a better computer for that price, that's all.

Well... i3 can't turbo boost last I checked... I think there's also no intel vt support with i3.

For programming neither really matters, I just think he can get a better computer for that price, that's all.

Yeah it won't turbo but it does support virtualisation according to http://ark.intel.com/Products/VirtualizationTechnology. Computer hardware has inflated prices in the UK compared to the US.

Edited by Diclonius
  • Like 1

Just had to say this

I am currently running a set up with i5-4690, with no PCI-E GPU, only the internal HDGraphics in use. Perfect for work related stuff, and I am able to play GTA V on full resolution. Newer generation (5th ->) Intel processors have advanced enough Display card built-in for a everyday fun gamer and internet user.

Yeah it won't turbo but it does support virtualisation according to http://ark.intel.com/Products/VirtualizationTechnology. Computer hardware has inflated prices in the UK compared to the US.

Ah thanks for updating me on that. I haven't used an i3 for years so I don't know what has changed.

Also didn't know UK had inflated pricing :P