purposefully got semi-banned: useful info

c0smic

Ok, guys. I used Khal Motherlode for an insane amount of time over the span of 5 days. It actually took a LOT longer to get banned than I expected. I started using the bot at lvl 54 mining ( and my other stats are legit and I'm cbt 64 or 69. Can't remember.). By the end of this experiment I became level 79 mining. I mined motherlode for anywhere from 4 to 12 hours a day. I understand that it takes some time to be banned, compiling evidence and whatnot, but it took longer than I expected. Apparently, Khal is a supremely well-written script. inbetween macroing, I logged into rsbuddy, and used mirror mode. I believe all of this contributed to the extended amount of time it took for my account to be semi-banned, because I have accidentally been caught before back in the day and was immediately perm banned. It seems if you switch between rsbuddy and a mirror mode, Botwatch gets confused and counts it as human activity; If they looked at my bank acct I would FOR SURE be perm banned.

Now, I would like to know if anyone has any useful information regarding how long an IP or an account is flagged and monitored once they have been caught, and if changing my IP and or using a VPN after letting things cool down a bit would seem suspicious or take down the search another star.

Botwatch only caught me because I purposefully botted like an idiot.    <-- this will now be my signature

Thanks. I wasn't sure anyone would reply, to be honest. Also, I'm super stoked that YuGiOh is on Netflix now. I've watched probably 3/4 of it again for the first time since my childhood. Brings me back, man.

I actually have the DVD's ripped for maximum quality. Best show of my childhood. :)

I still need to watch, but its added onto my HDD. 

As a script developer it would be cool if we could figure our Jagex's methods. ahaha

You write in Javascript, right? I'm a computer engineer so I write in circuit design and stuff like Verilog and VHDL and a little C.

Just how complex is a script for Runescape? I would think it would be really hard without Jag SC

You write in Javascript, right? I'm a computer engineer so I write in circuit design and stuff like Verilog and VHDL and a little C.

Just how complex is a script for Runescape? I would think it would be really hard without Jag SC

Script writing is easy since we are supplied with the API. :)

Script writing is easy since we are supplied with the API. smile.png

I looked at it after I commented. I'm amazed its plain ol' Java. I don't have the time at all to drag and drop script but I would like to someday. What have you written?

You dont get flagged after one ban, its usually a couple or a few.

OT:

I used KHAL Fisher script, botted 12 hours everyday till 87 fishing. No ban. smile.png

I don't know how I got caught then... Must have just been bad luck because everyone here is just gung ho about going 12 hours a day everyday..

I looked at it after I commented. I'm amazed its plain ol' Java. I don't have the time at all to drag and drop script but I would like to someday. What have you written?

I don't know how I got caught then... Must have just been bad luck because everyone here is just gung ho about going 12 hours a day everyday..

As of now 4 scripts but I use to write back in 2011 where i wrote over 10 scripts or so. :p