Don't come to Sweden if you lift

Mustikurupt

Serious, when it comes to the gym and overall fitness, looking like a bulky guy is not appreciated. The paranoia here is insane. If you look above average, you will often have a staff member in the gym or a cop in civilian clothing look at your muscles and determine if you are taking steroids or something. Then they will wait until you are done to ask you to piss in a cup. They teach cops ''What to look for'' when some big guy is around. The cops do approaches as well in public if they suspect you, it's called ''Muscle profiling''. Only in Sweden do they try to be more USA than USA. 

• Like 2

Wtf?! No, they don't...

When they look for steroid users, they do a raid in the gym and that does not happen that often. But shitty gyms with shitty people can get raided more often. 

Actually they do, it's happened on a few occasions. One guy who was out in public was interrogated by cops just for the way he looked. Another one who was in a restaurant and the waitress called the cops because he looked big. They will go to your apartment to find the drugs, it's happened before. All the good gyms have a deal with an association that is against steroids, so when you sign a membership, you basically agree to that. I have gone to an old school gym that's been around since the 70's and even they have that deal. I have seen massive guys there, then all of a sudden they're gone. 

Actually they do, it's happened on a few occasions. One guy who was out in public was interrogated by cops just for the way he looked. Another one who was in a restaurant and the waitress called the cops because he looked big. They will go to your apartment to find the drugs, it's happened before. All the good gyms have a deal with an association that is against steroids, so when you sign a membership, you basically agree to that. I have gone to an old school gym that's been around since the 70's and even they have that deal. I have seen massive guys there, then all of a sudden they're gone. 

Lol actually...

You see cops talking to a big guy and you instantly think they are accusing him for steroid use? That is pretty dumb of you. He is most certainly talking to the cops because they suspect him for stealing for instance or something like that.

Don't come with false info dude, I've been going to the gym 3 years, 4-5 days a week and I have only seen undercover police ONCE 

Lol actually...

You see cops talking to a big guy and you instantly think they are accusing him for steroid use? That is pretty dumb of you. He is most certainly talking to the cops because they suspect him for stealing for instance or something like that.

Don't come with false info dude, I've been going to the gym 3 years, 4-5 days a week and I have only seen undercover police ONCE 

I live in the country, i know what i'm talking about. If you look at the more popular gym in Sweden, they have a chain of the same gym in different areas in Sweden. Just by looking at their terms and conditions, it clearly states in Swedish ''If we suspect you of illegal drug use, we expect negative test results by a doctor within a month'' 

They claim they have that right and you basically agree to it when you sign up. Perhaps it's different where you live, or the guys are smart and only train during the middle of the night when the staff is gone and few people are there.

In Sweden he's right, happen's all the time , they take it very serious. That's great you have been going to the gym for 3 years, just because that it hasn't happen to you on a consistent basis doesn't mean it doesn't happen to other people. You have been in the gym for 3 years an obviously still aren't very big if you haven't come across issue's like this yourself, or you just haven't been to many different gym's.

Lol actually...

• Like 1

I live in the country, i know what i'm talking about. If you look at the more popular gym in Sweden, they have a chain of the same gym in different areas in Sweden. Just by looking at their terms and conditions, it clearly states in Swedish ''If we suspect you of illegal drug use, we expect negative test results by a doctor within a month'' 

They claim they have that right and you basically agree to it when you sign up. Perhaps it's different where you live, or the guys are smart and only train during the middle of the night when the staff is gone and few people are there.

Jag är kanske också från sverige..

In Sweden he's right, happen's all the time , they take it very serious. That's great you have been going to the gym for 3 years, just because that it hasn't happen to you on a consistent basis doesn't mean it doesn't happen to other people. You have been in the gym for 3 years an obviously still aren't very big if you haven't come across issue's like this yourself, or you just haven't been to many different gym's.

Hahah dude... are you for real?

I know they take it serious. I am from Sweden. And you are saying I am not big because the cops has not asked me to piss in a cup, how dumb are you?

They do not suspect all big bulky guys. The cops who does this have knowledge in training and steroid. They know who to look for.

Cute username btw.

Edit: The thing is, OP is acting like he got a real problem with this. He probably saw a raid in his gym and they took a couple of guys, and suddenly he's saying "dont come to sweden if you lift".

The police do sometime check the gyms, and all gym have strict rules, but dont be fooled.

Edited by Woody