Does defense matter? Pure pking

cutvision

Edge Pking  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Pure vs. Initiate 75cb~

• Pure
    • Initiate
    • Pretty even fight

Basically... I'm wondering if defense does a big impact when pking.

I'm taking about around lv 70's

Example: Initiate pure

60atk 85 str 20def 80hp 31 prayer

Vs

Pure:

60 attack 93str 1 def  86hp 43prayer

This are just hypothetical stats. Could be more or less.

Anyways the initate would be 75cb and the pure would be 76cb.

Initiate would have best gear it can wear and so will the pure. (Initiate would be about 130 defense bonus while pure around 80)

Will that armor and defence protect shit or will the pure just go right through that shit.

Keep in mind that the initiate would have a mithril defender so it'll probably be able to combo more often the pure due to higher accuracy bonus and str.

Edited by cutvision

I vote for the pure. But in the end of the day i think it comes down to the pker him self and his pking skills. I had this 79cb void ranger with 99 range and 42 def and I was k0ing people left and right. with full void i was actually one hitting people with the dark bow

But with 20 def I honestly don't think it matters. I believe the pure would rip right through that shit. a zerker against a pure would be a better comparison

the thing about initiate pures is that they always smite? which requires 52 prayer.. what's the point of wearing initiate, mithril has the same defence stats apart from prayer bonus

I know most do but I'm considering making a 31 prayer build heck maybe even 50 attack. Just looking to get lower cb possible while maintaining high offense and get the extra defensive bonuses that the armor could give me and at the current level I'm planning to pk there's really no whips n shit to smite and I doubt there'd be many 52 prayer pures in those lvls as well

It'd be some sort of 1def pure except that it could be able to sustain hits better.

Since leaf blade is at 50 and it's comparable to dragon scimitar though a bit less str bonus it seems viable and the gmaul really wrecks. If I decide to go ranged/gmaul it'd also work out as since ranged can get very high without levelling cb (like 96)

Most Initiates train there Attack up past 60 as well for whip/ags.

I Know but at that point (70/75 atk and 52 prayer) the account would be around 85cb which is pretty much zerkerlantis. Something I believe I'd be very outmatched in.

While at 70-75's Ive seen most are pures and void rangers also some new zerker pures but at that level I don't think they're that good due to low str/hp

Edited by cutvision

keep hitpoints in mind though, either ranged guild or cannon

yeah ranged/hp is going to be a pain in the arse to get. But look at where I'm pointing at. NOT taking into account rng/hp which would make this varie but just an example

Either way,  I may have the upper hand in terms of defense/tanking when meele vs melee(Defense won't do shit against rangers) but I'll be limited to only using GMaul, unlike my opponent with dds.

Edited by cutvision