Obby Mauler Help

hellokitty44

Jesus christ - I wouldn't follow half this advice - I've owned many obby maulers in the past and i'll tell you what I think is best; 

80 str Is when it gets fun, everbody is a low level gmauler and can't hit through your 72 HP

train to 50 range then ONLY train while pk'n (range - obby is stronger + better than only melee)

55 slayer is OK for when your acc is finally maxed out with range and you cba to get any more str levels

Get Mith gloves

Get 15 prayer for avas ( DONT TRAIN IT JUST QUEST)

hf buddy hope i  helped

Jesus christ - I wouldn't follow half this advice - I've owned many obby maulers in the past and i'll tell you what I think is best; 

80 str Is when it gets fun, everbody is a low level gmauler and can't hit through your 72 HP

train to 50 range then ONLY train while pk'n (range - obby is stronger + better than only melee)

55 slayer is OK for when your acc is finally maxed out with range and you cba to get any more str levels

Get Mith gloves

hf buddy hope i  helped

I'm thinking of making my first obby pure and I like this plan.  Will definitely be going this route. Thanks! biggrin.png

Get Mith gloves

hf buddy hope i  helped

i like this idea also is it worth leveling slayer while training range? or will that effect my combat level

?

if you want to train to higher strength levels quickly you'll need slayer staff, so 55 slayer is a must - There's no disputing that

from 1 slayer i'd first of all use all xp lamps you get on slayer, do one small favour quest which gives 2x10k xp lamps in skills above 30 - which can get you from 30-39 slayer (roughly 1/8 of your goal of 55). i think you should train your magic to 50 using slayer and train your range to 40 using slayer - cannoning tasks where possible as despite not giving you hp experience, it will give you less range experience and more slayer experience. The hp won't matter at all as the hp xp from 1-40 range is nothing once you train higher anyway. then if you wish to do so, pk from 40 range which can be quite fun ... however with 1 prayer you can't find fights unless you risk necklace and with 26+ prayer you'll be at least 4 levels higher which puts you at a bit of a disadvantage. 15 prayer gains you 2 combat levels but unlocks a strength prayer and avas so can be worth it

it all is up to you however, there a few different ways to do it giving similar outcomes

good luck with it

Hey Guys,

im after a bit of advice. I want to make an obby mauler  i am currently 1/60/1  and everything else is 1.

I have never really pked before so wanna start off with something simple, so i guess what im asking is what other stats should i be getting and what else do i need to do ?

Cheers in advance

I have had a few obby maulers in the past 1 attack is very inaccurate it only really works on pures 

i would suggest doing death pledgue for climbing boots and 13 attack (i know that sounds dumb)

but +2 str bonus at 70+ str is 1 higher max, which would require 3-4 str levels

so for 1 extra combat level you are becoming much more accurate and still hitting the same max as with 1 attack

do not go to 20 though, thats just pointless the 7 higher str levels makes you a more powerful build

as for other stats i would level your range level to the highest it can be without becoming range cb based

just google oldschool rs combat calc and it will help  smile.png

if you go for prayer do the 5 easyiest nmz quests so you can work towards berserker ring (i)

Edited by chuckle00