Looking for scripters!

Maxi

• Developer

Hello community,

Let me begin by telling you we are making good progress towards our release and inform you as needed:

Global and local repository.

We have started on the software required to load and use scripts from an online global script repository. In the future we intend to also have web access to the repository instead of access through our main client application only. The global repository will contain working (no errors, no major recognized flaws) scripts, both free and premium ones with a dedicated team behind it who make sure the quality is conform standards we expect from either free and/or premium scripts. This global repository will be used to download script files from you have access to, either because they are free or you have gotten the privileges for premium ones.

The local repository is where those script files downloaded will be stored in, either downloaded through web access or the client. We will make sure this will be done in the most secure way possible. Not that scripts will hold any of your information, but we just want to make sure it will be hard to reverse engineer scripts in the local repository if they were manipulated in such way to prevent them from being accessibel. 

This all together, should maximize the ability to use the client 'offline'. By offline we mean that there is no connection with our server required when using the client, unless an update needs to be downloaded or a script needs to be added. We will still most probably add limitations to the amount of bots you can use per script/account. This is not some cheap ass trick, but we simply don't want our software to be unlimited for a reason.

Scripting API.

The API is nearing its completion for the first version we initially planned. It still needs some features to be added, but once done the only task left on the API is to make sure it's organized in an intuitive way and make sure all the documentation is written. Then we also generate all the webpages for the API documentation so you can either download to have an 'offline' reference, or simply access it through our website as an online reference. The online version will of course always be up to date, so if you can, use the online API documentation reference.

Misc.

There are tons of other small things I could mention, but I simply won't bother you with such boredom. So let's get to what's the most important in this thread:

ATTENTION TO ALL SCRIPTERS:

This thread is where we will gather a basic group of trusted and talented programmers that will help us out to write and test some important high quality scripts. Initially, this will be focused on random events and a series of free scripts for the community to use with a certain quality standard. Eventually, if both parties are satisfied, further coöperation can be continued by creating premium scripts. Remember that if you're not part of the scripting team, you can still advance your own skills by writing your own scripts and if you feel generous share them with the community to earn respect and fame!

What do you need to do to apply? Fill in this little form and send it in a PM to me. We will look over your information and decide what further to do.

Name:

Previous names:

Aliases (what are other nicknames you use elsewhere):

Link to previous work:

PLEASE NOTE: Don't post your information on this thread! Use a PM to me. Don't forget links to previous work.

Also, don't take previous work as an easy field. It may be anything that you think will show us you know what you are doing, but know we only go for real quality.

After this nice wall of informative text I wish you a good night!

OSBot.org

• Like 5

• Developer

There will be no difference between a 'dev' client and a normal client. The one client released will contain all kind of utilities to develop scripts, this to ensure it's as accessibel as possible, so the community can assure the bot's future with plenty of scripts. Later on, chances are we might introduce separated clients and drop support for the older client.

{hidden content}

PLEASE NOTE: Don't post your information on this thread! Use a PM to me. Don't forget links to previous work.

Also, don't take previous work as an easy field. It may be anything that you think will show us you know what you are doing, but know we only go for real quality.

• Like 2

There will be no difference between a 'dev' client and a normal client. The one client released will contain all kind of utilities to develop scripts, this to ensure it's as accessibel as possible, so the community can assure the bot's future with plenty of scripts. Later on, chances are we might introduce separated clients and drop support for the older client.

Ah, Kati had told me that there would be. I guess I'll just develop my talent and release them :). Thanks Maxi

• Like 1

Seems like this is going very well. It really appears like you are taking a professional approach to the release which is really good.

Will there actually be a difference between members of the scripting team and those who release to the community?

Aka will the members of the scripting team have any advantage when making scripts?