I got a new job!

Littlewayne

Okay, so I went through lifeguard certification about 3-4 weeks ago and got CPR/Redcross certified. When it came down to choosing which pool to work at, I was focused on working at pools near high schools that I

know a lot of girls at so that I can stare at ass all day, but almost all of the pools I applied to were already full.

Though I'd only get payed minimum wage (Less than $8.50 here in North Carolina) I was mainly

looking to meet girls. But everywhere I wanted to work at was taken, so I just applied to the local cities rec center pools,

(Any pool in this city you start out at $10.10 an hour) so that pretty much makes up for the

Loss of ass-staring time.

One problem, they assign you the pool...and guess where I get assigned? The hood slums.

When I say the hood... I don't mean everyone around you is darker, or pimped out rimmed-nissans... I mean the hood that is known for gang activity, sex in the pool's bathrooms,

and little kids younger than 8

showing up without parents looking to swim type hood.

My first day was today, half the things I saw would scare the hell out of the average person I've grown up around.

When I was getting taught and shown the

pool and how we're going to be doing the switches between positions,

i kid you not I heard a scream and sirens. (I'm not bullshitting when I say I heard a gun shot today.) The lady teaching me all of this didn't even flinch during this, I was looking every direction and in my mind wondering if my car is gonna be where I left

it after I get off.

But anyway I'll fast forward, I went through 3 switches from the deep end stand, the shallow end stand, and the rover(guard who walks the pool), once I got inside the office you get to stay in there for 30 minutes with another person, so I was in there with this other black guy named Terrence I think.

As soon as I walked in the room he was propped up against the wall vaping and on his phone hahaha. I couldn't believe it so I asked if I could do the same, he said "Hell yeah white boy, this be the everyday cycle here. Get comfortable because we only get about 3-10 kids a day."

I felt so damn happy. After a full work day you spend like 2-3/5 of the time in the office doing whatever. But before I get criticized, I did ask about the procedures for all situations and what not. I got everything I need to know down.

Just the way the managers and people working their talked to you about their rules and procedures instantly puts a warning in your head like this is not the average pool.

What I was told and from what I have seen and witnessed today, the job itself is good. Laid back, great pay for my age, and an awesome staff to work with. The only problem that I noticed is your safety. The guy I was with (Terrence) said that there's been gang fights before, and a local crack addict has tried mugging him before.

So the area is not safe or like the average environment i'm use to, but I adapt easily.

So what i'm getting at is, I'm wanting to buy something for self defence.

The guys I work with said there isn't anything you can do if a major situation happens other than call the police or simply self defense, but i'm more focused on if someone comes into that pool and tries to start something that is way out of hand and can't be stopped with simply asking someone to leave, even worse, if my parents or younger siblings come one day to see me and swim and someone tries to mess with them as they leave or at the pool. I want to be able to have something to keep everyone safe.

The Question! What would be more frightening to someone, I'm wanting to get something that would make an attacker not want to fuck with me before I have to use it. Pepper spray is more for girls in my opinion and don't want that. I looked online and saw a telescopic stun baton that springs out pretty long, and if you click one of the buttons it makes a loud alarm noise and sparks up. I think that would scare an attacker sparking that up a few times, wouldn't you think? Leave your opinions below, I need some advice.

Please remember, this is not the average city pool. This is in the legitimate hood, what you see in movies is not a joke. I'm not planning on walking around with this weapon to act boastful, I want it secrete but available when shit gets realllll.

Edited by Littlewayne
  • Like 3

read it, but make it spaced out more. was an eyesore reading that.

anyways, i'd get the hell out of the pool for 10.50 an hour tbh. can't you ask to be assigned somewhere safer? 10.50 an hour isn't high enough for the risk. (at least for me) 

if you were working at a pool with hot ass, wouldn't you be worried you would be poppin' monster hard -ons 24/7 ? like what if you had to go save someone, you'd be poking them with your pork sword

• Like 1

anyways, i'd get the hell out of the pool for 10.50 an hour tbh. can't you ask to be assigned somewhere safer? 10.50 an hour isn't high enough for the risk. (at least for me)

if you were working at a pool with hot ass, wouldn't you be worried you would be poppin' monster hard -ons 24/7 ? like what if you had to go save someone, you'd be poking them with your pork sword

That's what I thought, when he told me the name of the pool I knew where it was and said that I might not be able to work there for safety reasons..the guy who runs the city pools just said for me to give it a shot, (I heard plenty of those. Get it? Shots? Bang bang? Anyway.) but I'd rather be risking a dick touch to a nice ass than my own life! This pool is the definition of sketchy.

That's what I thought, when he told me the name of the pool I knew where it was and said that I might not be able to work there for safety reasons..the guy who runs the city pools just said for me to give it a shot, (I heard plenty of those. Get it? Shots? Bang bang? Anyway.) but I'd rather be risking a dick touch to a nice ass than my own life! This pool is the definition of sketchy.

oh lmao i wasn't trying to talk you out of switching pools with the boner thing, i was just being stupid.

• Like 1

I mean you could just have a little self control. Not everyone is still in their "damn i can see some skin on tits" boner phase.

• Like 1

To be honest, I would really hate to work in an enviromment were I feel unsafe. If I was you, I would of never started working there.

But since your there already, I guess you could get yourself some sort of protection. Maybe a small knife just in case.

I'd be scared to work there lol.

• Like 1