Help with pk'ing

Code

• 2 weeks later...

Pking keys

Have you main food - karam - and a sarah brew and restore pot close by

bring 2 ring of recoils (wear oen and have 1 in inventory)

bring an ani fire

bring an antidote

Phoenix neck will ave your life sometimes (or other times u just die lol)

use the f keys. 

1 tick range is 4 squares away (keep practicing and youll get good at this)

have quick prayers 

After pking for a couple years I have a couple tips that may be beneficial. Some of this may be repeated but I will do my best to eloborate on specific points.

1. F Keys are the key. setup your F1, F2...etc to certain tabs, and start only using the F keys, even when not pking. You'll be much more effective if it is muscle memory to visit your inventory by hitting F1 and Attack style tab by hitting F5, or whatever combination feels natural to you.

2. Combo foods such as karambwans, brews, choc bombs. These will help you survive massive hits. You can eat a shark and karambwan and brew all in the same game tick, by clicking shark->karambwan->brew rapidly. Lots of hp in a short period of time.

3. Eat and pot at the same time. You can eat a shark and sip a ppot in 1 tick. Also after a brew, you can eat a shark and begin to pot back up, so you stay high hp and get your levels back to their prime.

4. Pots and rings are your friend. Bringing an antipoison and antifire may seem like overkill, but they decrease your chance of random bullshit by A LOT. Also a recoil ring is invaluable, as 1hping opponents is not rare and a recoil could add that extra damage point.

5. Your stats matter! Check a combat calc and make sure that your account is maxed out for your combat level. If you can gain 3 strength levels without gaining a combat, consider training for awhile before hitting the wilderness, to make yourself as effective as possible.

6. ALWAYS have a 1 click teleport, such as a house teleport ab. This will be invaluable when being rushed, or if you run out of food in a fast paced fight in the wilderness.

7. Practice your combos. I strongly recoomend visiting the duel arena with a friend who is a similar combat level, and having food deathmatches, or essentially practice pking. Use your faster weapon until they are moderately hurt, and switch to your strong/spec wep for the kill.

8. Know when to spec. If you are fighting obviously experienced pkers, you will most likely not KO them in the traditional way, hitting them till they are low hp and specing. This is because most people are able to out-eat most special attacks. I recomend going for rambo hits, specing at 50-60% hp. This is where 1-ticking comes in handy.

9. Be tricky. Drink a prayer potion right before you spec, and your character will seem like its eating, giving your opponent a false sence of security.

10. Timing is CRITICAL. Know when to eat, when to spec. This comes with practice and by watching pk videos. You will learn how long it takes for a whip/crossbow/etc to hit, and eventually you will know if you can hit the player and eat before they hit you. Timing also effects vengeance, if you have it. Veng and spec when your opponent is 65% hp and hope for the best.

11. Know that you will die, and practise makes perfect. I've been pking for years and still go on death streaks. It's all in good fun.

Message me with any specific pking questions and I will do my best to help out!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

if you don't want to lose resources find a private server - the game mechanics won't be the same as old school but knowing when to eat switch etc i found useful.

Also you could practise at the duel arena with a friend or even in the wild with a friend - despite this, it really isn't difficult and you don't need to be great at switching and 1ticking to get a kill depending on your account. For example - a granite maul pure can get a kill even if they're terrible, it's just down to the RNG on the spec smile.png

I agree with this, find a private Server play for a while..try tactics rushing anything you would like to do in osrs and then try them.

• 2 weeks later...

I would YouTube Gmaul Risk fights because these players are really skilled at timing ticks, combo switches, combo eating, and avoiding potential scams such as the magic imp box trick. The reason why I propose gmaul pking is because unlike obby maul or pure range pking, gmaul pking incorporates a ton of potential combos such as rune knifes + rcbow + gmaul, rune knifes + dark bow + gmaul, magic shortbow + gmaul, magic short bow + ice barrage + gmaul, etc... 

• 1 month later...

From personal experience, mostly know the enemies max hit, and what they use, mostly comes up to research for me. If I PK on an obby pure, I know specific strength levels max hits, depending if they use prayer or not, so I rarely die by knowing the max hit and then you could just do easy bneck risk fights. For other pures like gmaulers I guess the spec for gmaul is mosly RNG luck.. So I guess practise will make you consistent and knowledgeable.