Account Buying

Scar

OK firstly I apologize if this is in the wrong section, if it is could a mod please move it to appropriate section.

Admittedly I don't constantly search the accounts sub forum for accounts to buy. But when I see someone selling a good main/pure and asking for 07 gold in return it automatically sets off a red flag in my head. For example I'm sure I seen someone selling an account for 07 gold while claiming that was them quitting rs for good.

I could go on and on about why not to buy an account created by someone else but I wont. 

Ok I'm being lazy now and going to post this thread, if you have any questions on particular account threads pm me this will remain private otherwise post on the thread.

EDIT: Forgot to say this is just my opinion and all Im trying to do is make new people aware of the high risk of buying an account created by someone else.

Edited by Nukem

???

Pm me your Skype and I will explain if you are so confused. I wrote this while drunk makes perfect sense to me but I can understand if it doesn't for anyone else.

tl:dr this guy is saying if anyone is selling a good main or pure for rsgp it sets off a red flag in his head that its a scam. hope i cleared that up

Thanks for letting him/her know. I didn't explain it properly.

What I'm getting at also is don't buy accounts they will be recovered.

Edited by Nukem

Well even if someone quits rs they can still sell the gp for $ to prevent paypal chargebacks. There are always risks involved when you buy an account, even when the email is changed and you know previous passwords etc. For goldfarmers its balancing the cost vs how much can you make with this account p/h, can I make profit after just a few days? For people actually playing the game and buying an account, and intending to keep the accounts longer, there's even a higher risk. I rather create my accounts myself and use services :)

Well even if someone quits rs they can still sell the gp for $ to prevent paypal chargebacks. There are always risks involved when you buy an account, even when the email is changed and you know previous passwords etc. For goldfarmers its balancing the cost vs how much can you make with this account p/h, can I make profit after just a few days? For people actually playing the game and buying an account, and intending to keep the accounts longer, there's even a higher risk. I rather create my accounts myself and use services smile.png

Totally agree with you on make your own and buy services.

Not really sure how it is now but people used to only accept paypal gifts to try to prevent chargebacks.

How does selling the gp prevent paypal chargebacks? Unless selling for some other form of web money.

As stated above you can't charge back OSRS gold.

Exactly if selling an account for Paypal you open yourself up to a charge back if the account is recovered with in 180 days were as if you accept rsgp no matter if you recover the account or not all you will receive is a ban on the forum. 

Edited by Nukem

Totally agree with you on make your own and buy services.

Not really sure how it is now but people used to only accept paypal gifts to try to prevent chargebacks.

I think you get some issues with paypal when you receive too many gifts tongue.png

The gp is usually sold to very trusted people, who have been in the business for a long time.

Edited by Flamezzz

I think you get some issues with paypal when you receive too many gifts tongue.png

The gp is usually sold to very trusted people, who have been in the business for a long time.

I have a good account ok lets get rsgp for it, sell rsgp to "very trusted seller" for paypal (no risk of chargeback). Recover account and repeat.

There shouldn't be an account selling section.

Edited by Nukem

I have a good account ok lets get rsgp for it, sell rsgp to "very trusted seller" for paypal (no risk of chargeback). Recover account and repeat.

There shouldn't be an account selling section.

There's a blacklist to prevent that. Apparently some people are willing to take the risks, let them :p

There's a blacklist to prevent that. Apparently some people are willing to take the risks, let them tongue.png

Fair enough just thought I would try to warn people inexperienced in account buying.

Obviously there is no way to place odds on how many purchased accounts actually get recovered but

I would imagine it was very very high.