Reducing banning rates - Behind the scenes at OSBot - 27 Febuary 2015

Maxi

Hi,

sorry my english isnt good.

I explain something more about your 2nd Method of detecting the player. 

Here how it works: 

- Runescape also saves cookies, and has also changed to the new method called "canvas fingerprinting". It works really like a unique fingerprint, it saves all your data you are sending even before the cookie has been made because your computer sends them data which is written your plugins, browser setting, colours and screen resolution and all the technical stuff. So if you bot with your Account 1 and get banned, then you delete cookies, install your bot new and all the necessarly stuff, u didnt change ur browser settings/screen resolution/colours and stuff like that. So they have a database with all the stored "Fingerprints" and those are helping them identifing botters/hackers/scammers because they all have the data from your first and every Account you created. 

Oh, and what i wanted to say is that you should change browser and stuff like that to avoid being banned

If someone understands what i mean feel free to rewrite it for me

You can test your fingerprint here https://panopticlick.eff.org/

dont click this link yet if you dont believe me but pls understand my idea, you might know what i mean

Edited by ownedtbh
  • Like 1

Hi,

sorry my english isnt good.

I explain something more about your 2nd Method of detecting the player. 

Here how it works: 

- Runescape also saves cookies, and has also changed to the new method called "canvas fingerprinting". It works really like a unique fingerprint, it saves all your data you are sending even before the cookie has been made because your computer sends them data which is written your plugins, browser setting, colours and screen resolution and all the technical stuff. So if you bot with your Account 1 and get banned, then you delete cookies, install your bot new and all the necessarly stuff, u didnt change ur browser settings/screen resolution/colours and stuff like that. So they have a database with all the stored "Fingerprints" and those are helping them identifing botters/hackers/scammers because they all have the data from your first Account you created. 

Oh, and what i wanted to say is that you should change browser and stuff like that to avoid being banned

If someone understands what i mean feel free to rewrite it for me

You can test your fingerprint here https://panopticlick.eff.org/

dont click this link yet if you dont believe me but pls understand my idea, you might know what i mean

woow this sound very likely... but how do u protect against this uniq fingerprint ?? 

woow this sound very likely... but how do u protect against this uniq fingerprint ?? 

here are some of my ideas

- always log in with another browser on each account, download/delete new plug-ins and stuff 

- change ur timezone from time to time

- change ur screen resolution

all these little personalized stuff u have in your computer, just like a drug dealer. You get caught because u dont remove ur traces

here are some of my ideas

- always log in with another browser on each account, download/delete new plug-ins and stuff 

- change ur timezone from time to time

- change ur screen resolution

all these little personalized stuff u have in your computer, just like a drug dealer. You get caught because u dont remove ur tracesgrrrr

grrr..i guess i will get banned at the end of the day, cuz i dont know how to do any of those things u mentioned :/   im screwed.

Now I am wondering, does anyone remember this company called ImpSoft? Back in 2009-2011 before the bot nuke they used to rule the botting game. They explained very little about their ways of anti-ban, but they were almost UNDETECTABLE (My accounts are living proof). Now they stated they used something called "reflection", the way they explained it was as follows: Our clients change the original RS code so we can bot. The client they had created used this so called "reflection" meaning they showed Jagex their own client when they tried to read the botting client.

Now I'm wondering, isn't this the exact same thing you are trying to do? And if so, why wouldn't they find out this time? They've broken these bots before so I'm sure they WILL do it again.

Any thoughts?

I might try botting again, looking forward to hear more!

Now I am wondering, does anyone remember this company called ImpSoft? Back in 2009-2011 before the bot nuke they used to rule the botting game. They explained very little about their ways of anti-ban, but they were almost UNDETECTABLE (My accounts are living proof). Now they stated they used something called "reflection", the way they explained it was as follows: Our clients change the original RS code so we can bot. The client they had created used this so called "reflection" meaning they showed Jagex their own client when they tried to read the botting client.

Now I'm wondering, isn't this the exact same thing you are trying to do? And if so, why wouldn't they find out this time? They've broken these bots before so I'm sure they WILL do it again.

Any thoughts?

There is reflection bots out there and I managed to bot for one week before getting banned, smithing cannonballs. 

OSRS update handling.

We will provide a system that will handle with OSRS updates. Once the bot recognises there is an update about to happen, it will log your account out or wait for the disconnection. After that it will wait for the new hooks to become available on the server and reboot the RS instance. The moment when this reboot happens will of course be randomised so that not all OSBot users log back in to the game at once. After the reboot the script will continue where it left of.

Not really something that we can combat, but I was curious about this part of the update. I think the logging in after update thing is a rather brilliant idea, but is there anyway that the bot can know that an update is coming and also variablly log all the bots at differnt times as well? I was thinking earlier that isnt it rather obvious when a portion of the population all signs off together after an update and doesnt log back in for x amount of time consistentally?