Can I get in trouble?

Avortex

Since I have trouble focusing, but never really been fully diagnosed with an attention deficit (ADHD), I went to my college campus psychiatrist and I guess she made me fill out a paper work and list the current symptoms I was having and she than prescribed me Ritalin and Celexa (for recurring past anxieties) and my dad was pretty mad for a little bit (got over it eventually), because I went to a doctor here instead of the one in my hometown.

Well anyway once I told my Dad and Sister (who's in pre-med) told me Celexa is very bad and I should not be taking it ( so I threw it away) and kept the Ritalin (since it helps me focus in school) and now my Dad is mad because my psychiatrist here prescribed me a "Dangerous" drug like Celexa (an anti-depressant) without consulting my primary doctor back home first.  So, can I my psychiatrist get in trouble for prescribing me these pills?

She had previous notes from my past high school about my learning disabilities that I've been diagnosed with  (which my college has) and my psychologists notes with my anxiety issues. My dad is having my "primary" doctor (from back home) talk with my current college psychiatrist for prescribing these pills. 

----

Sorry for the long text of words :P. I'm annoyed of over reacting parents -_-

Just a heads up I moved this to real life.

I feared you wouldn't get serious answers in spam.

I am going to re-read what you wrote and try to give my input a little later. I have quite the link to the study of mental health and psychology in general so I am sure I could help you.

Update: Just re-read everything. I am a bit lost are you asking if you can get in trouble or the psychiatrist?

I'm not necessarily sure, although generally doctors review previous knows from entities such as your primary doctor. If you're really having focus problems, then go buy some adderall. wink.png

I guess what I'm trying to say is, with the possibility of my doctor from back home having a discussion with my doctor here (who prescribed me Ritilian and Celexa can stop prescribing me future refiles of Ritilian (after the discussion they both have). I don't really care about the Celexa since I'm not going to take it anymore. 

I am going to re-read what you wrote and try to give my input a little later. I have quite the link to the study of mental health and psychology in general so I am sure I could help you.

Okay thanks :)

i would suggest telling her

to cancel the celexa, since you don't think you need it

and to keep the ritalin with reasons being you need for school etc etc

should be fine, especially since you had em before

This was my first time being prescribe Ritalin and yea I tell her to cancel the Celexa. I feel like antidepressants do more harm than good in the long run.

Update: Just re-read everything. I am a bit lost are you asking if you can get in trouble or the psychiatrist?

but maybe it was a troll, thats why he posted in spam section, and now it will be a drama thread because you moved it to real life section.