What do you miss most about the REAL 2007 Runescape?

Savage

This one is for my fellow RS players who were actively playing in 2007.

Now don't get me wrong I LOVE OSRS and am happy that they listened and brought it back, but it will never be the same as playing during 2007.

So I was just wondering what you all miss the most about it.

Me personally I miss the noobs, the scammers, bank sales.

Now a days there are no noobs really, and by noobs I mean the level 34 combat running around and following the guy he sees in full rune asking him for money and that really has no knowledge of the game.

The scams, I miss seeing the guys "Trimming armor" and the "To join the clan you have to take a trust test" 

I miss standing in Varrock attending multiple "Bank Sales" just to see what people have.

I miss getting in my nicest members only gear and going to a non memb world with a friend and dancing in Varrock Square and having "Noobs" come up to us asking us for free stuff.

I just miss the old days D: 

I think without a doubt would be the actual oldschool player-base. Oldschool isn't oldschool without the oldschoolers themselves. OSRS basically consists of EOC/Pre-EOC players who have a completely different perspective about the game and how it should be - OS is new to them! We'll never have Falador flooded with players, nearly DCing your connection to the game again. It's definitely a new generation of OS and us as veterans to the game must recognize and respect that if we're to be content with how OS is operated.

• Like 1

I think without a doubt would be the actual oldschool player-base. Oldschool isn't oldschool without the oldschoolers themselves. OSRS basically consists of EOC/Pre-EOC players who have a completely different perspective about the game and how it should be - OS is new to them! We'll never have Falador flooded with players, nearly DCing your connection to the game again. It's definitely a new generation of OS and us as veterans to the game must recognize and respect that if we're to be content with how OS is operated.

This is basically exactly what I was trying to say! 

I'm not sure when I started playing RS, but my main had the veteran cape with something like 13 years since creation and really the only thing I miss in 07 right now is GE and good old pking. Pking is just dull because of the lack of players but I think permanent F2p release might fix that.

• Like 1

I think that OSRS is a pretty decent representation of what 2007scape was all things considered. I do believe that the real 2007 had a much more friendly and welcoming atmosphere, and Jagex was so much less strict when it came to messing around. The player base on real 2007 was also far more active.

Well never get the real days back, but this is good enough for me.