How to start?

Jaacobbi

So I'm kinda interested in starting developing scripts since it would be pretty good to practice Java as well. It's been so long since the last time I used it. Anyhow, I watched this video but I don't know how to get those osbot scripts and stuff (can't import osbot things). It doesn't really show how to do it but I also checked http://osbot.org/forum/topic/60538-setup-instructions-to-start-scripting-very-easy/ tutorial. It didn't seem to work for me either. I use Eclipse btw. Eclipse has automatic compiling so the compiled java file is there and I copied it to src folder but nothing changed. I also tried http://osbot.org/forum/topic/58775-a-beginners-guide-to-writing-osbot-scripts-where-to-get-started-by-apaec/ which was a little bit more helpful but I still can't do any osbot imports.

May I please get some help so I could start this? :)

The scripting API has changed from when that video was made, API is the new API for OSBot 2. Also there are tons of tutorials in the scripting section with guides from various scripters taking you through the steps of making your first script happy.png

The problem isn't not knowing how to make a script, it's just that I don't know how to import the osbot api script thingies. When I try to import something it obviously gives me an error because it can't find the osbot stuff D:

The problem isn't not knowing how to make a script, it's just that I don't know how to import the osbot api script thingies. When I try to import something it obviously gives me an error because it can't find the osbot stuff D:

Did you configure your project's build path to include the jar containing the library? Edited by fixthissite

You have to set the osbot.jar to your external path whenever you create the project.

On top of your script you have to import the classes in the API, example:

import org.osbot.rs07.script.MethodProvider;
import org.osbot.rs07.script.Script;
import org.osbot.rs07.script.ScriptManifest;

If you got that set you can start of by writing your script, your first line should be:

@ScriptManifest(name="scriptname", author="name", info="", logo="", version=1)

You have to set the osbot.jar to your external path whenever you create the project.

On top of your script you have to import the classes in the API, example:

import org.osbot.rs07.script.MethodProvider;import org.osbot.rs07.script.Script;import org.osbot.rs07.script.ScriptManifest;
If you got that set you can start of by writing your script, your first line should be:
@ScriptManifest(name="scriptname", author="name", info="", logo="", version=1)

Yeah. But again, imports from osbot api don't work for some reason

Oh my god lol. It didn't work cus I typed just osbot instead of the .org x.x and it was so confusing since I used the video's imports as well and couldn't see any difference with the current ones. My bad lol. thank you everyone!

Edited by Jaacobbi