Has anyone been hacked through this bot?

adzzbroo

Most likely it was a phishing link that confused you. May want to scan your computer, it definitely wasn't OSBot. We don't need any ones items or anything. We are a well respected bot with 100k registered users and not one has been hacked.

Yeah I'm not quite sure what happened to get hacked to be honest. How safe is buying coins? If I start I'll definitely want to buy coins since I have nothing, will I get banned?

Here's a few ways your account could have been hacked:

• The bot. Possible, but not probable. Though, there has been a case in the past where another RS botting client was compromised by a lead developer and thousands of accounts were hacked.
  • Infected scripts (unchecked SDN/local). I'd be very wary of local script downloads. However, that doesn't mean SDN scripts are any safer. It's still possible for a manager or two to drop the ball.
  • Other 3rd-party RuneScape related programs. Famous YouTube gold generators/stat maxers. The same old same old. But sometimes there may be another tool or two out there that do offer a legitimate service...at the cost of infecting your PC in the process. I don't know any examples of this, but I'd say it's likely someone's already tried this. One reason why I don't play on private servers is it's likely those clients will also send you spyware, especially since playing on private servers already suggests you own a RuneScape account.
  • Other 3rd-party RuneScape related sites. Well if the website is coded enough, any security breach is possible.
  • Communicating to other RuneScape players. If you contact other users outside of the game's chat communication system, you run the risk of encountering a correspondent who may find your IP address, hack into your network and forwarding you spyware.

Try remember all the RuneScape-related content you accessed. I bet you'd find your reason there.

Edited by liverare

Sorry buddy you probably did get hacked through the bot, if you ever had a 5uck script, he hacked everyone if i remember correctly?

I dont see why no one mentioned that.

nvm saw someone else said something about it

Edited by Wrecks

Yeah I'm not quite sure what happened to get hacked to be honest. How safe is buying coins? If I start I'll definitely want to buy coins since I have nothing, will I get banned?

buying coins as in rsgp? You won't get banned. Jagex rarely bans gold buyers IMO, unless you've purchased like 2.1bil and received it in 1 trade.

• 3 weeks later...