Where can I stream shows?

RoomScape

Streaming and downloading are almost 100% the same as far as bandwidth is concerned tongue.png

(I don't seed generously btw) Oh, except downloading tends to get the data much faster (unless you are using a premium streaming service) and you don't get any shitty ads.

Also there are series I've watched two or three times now.

Having the files on disk allows you to share media content with friends via hard disk exchanges.

The only disadvantage really is that you need some disk space, and if you get caught you'll probably get in a bit more trouble than streamers, but overall streaming is so overrated tongue.png

I don't think it is that common these days for friends to recommend TV series by passing on hard disk copies. :P

Also, what do you mean by getting the data much faster? :)

^this

You aren't going to get 1080p from any free streaming service. I find downloading far superior for watching seasons of a show and use streaming if Im just trying to watch a single episode

Yeah but if you take Netflix for example they might be a premium service but for example, The Walking Dead, they are about a whole season behind in releases last I heard.

I would imagine that people who typically watch shows after they have completely released all episodes of the whole series or season are more content with getting a higher stream quality as a result of an extended wait.

But really, we consume media faster than ever and most people I think, are willing to sacrifice 1080p for something like 720 or 480p so they can watch it just a few hours after release. 

I don't think it is that common these days for friends to recommend TV series by passing on hard disk copies. tongue.png

Also, what do you mean by getting the data much faster? smile.png

I exchange music, tv series, podcasts, movies, etc... quite often with friends myself. But it might not be a common thing, idk :p

Torrents tend to get data delivered much faster than free streaming sites because those got shitty servers paid by shitty ads :p

The only reason anyone should stream is if they don't have the disk space to store the files imo.

• Like 1

Yeah but if you take Netflix for example they might be a premium service but for example, The Walking Dead, they are about a whole season behind in releases last I heard.

I would imagine that people who typically watch shows after they have completely released all episodes of the whole series or season are more content with getting a higher stream quality as a result of an extended wait.

But really, we consume media faster than ever and most people I think, are willing to sacrifice 1080p for something like 720 or 480p so they can watch it just a few hours after release.

You underestimate the speed of the pirate bay. Same day releases of most all popular TV shows and 1080p copies of movies before they are out on dvd.

• Like 1