What makes for good antiban?

adc

So far I've got down:

• examining a list of known NPCs
  • examining a list of known Objects
  • hovering skills
  • random camera rotation
  • randomized paths 
  • not running antiban so often that it doesn't resemble human actions, per Epsilon
  • message parsing with automated responses (not really sure if this would ever be worth the trouble though)

But what else is there in the way of antiban?

Edited by adc

This is just asking for a ban unless you've created some hardcore AI just for RuneScape.

Well, it seems like sitting silently when someone talks to you is more likely to get a report than prompt the other party to think, "oh, he must be afk/public is turned off", so what about having an auto-responder that says something like 

>"hi"

>"kinda busy doing (homework/whatever), might not reply"

Well, it seems like sitting silently when someone talks to you is more likely to get a report than prompt the other party to think, "oh, he must be afk/public is turned off", so what about having an auto-responder that says something like 

>"hi"

I agree with @Swizzbeat, I've seen countless pictures, and even had the chance to fuck with bots who using some type of message response, for example using CleverBot. You can obviously tell it's a bot by the way they respond. I even saw on bot who said a random word every 20 minutes or so, and that was a horrid Idea, because every time I asked what the fuck, it never responded.

I feel you have more of a chance getting banned trying to talk back, than if you just ignored them, because honestly, it's not hard to outsmart a bot, and it could cause some issues down the road.

• Like 1

>"hi"

1) Don't do that, I usually have a conversation before i say that to AFK. Saying it instantly makes it seem super bot like, also if you programmed it wrong and thats all it said everytime a new person appeared...

2) DO NOT USE CLEVERBOT. It isn't as clever as you would think, makes a bot appear super obvious.

1) Don't do that, I usually have a conversation before i say that to AFK. Saying it instantly makes it seem super bot like, also if you programmed it wrong and thats all it said everytime a new person appeared...

2) DO NOT USE CLEVERBOT. It isn't as clever as you would think, makes a bot appear super obvious.

Yeah, I'm not actually implementing/going to implement autorespond antiban. I just thought I'd throw it in there as a concept, because with enough time put into it it could be worth something.

Also, remember that the general rule of thumb in runescape these days is "if it looks like it could be a bot, it's a bot" :p