DOes the client handdle all randoms?

JuanJesusAng

i used to download an extra script to handle all randoms good theres any?

no, it doesn't work like that. when you are running a script and you get in a random, the built in Random Solver in the Client overrides the running script so it can complete the random. once the random is finished, it allows the script to continue. so not you can't.

no, it doesn't work like that. when you are running a script and you get in a random, the built in Random Solver in the Client overrides the running script so it can complete the random. once the random is finished, it allows the script to continue. so not you can't.

Wrong, anyone can write their own random event solvers. If the client finds a script that overrides the random solver, it uses that one instead - it's like running multiple scripts at once

Wrong, anyone can write their own random event solvers. If the client finds a script that overrides the random solver, it uses that one instead - it's like running multiple scripts at once

i know. but the user was asking to download some randoms so they would work with a script, which they wouldn't unless the script was local so they could be implemented. I do understand the fact that a script can then override a Random Solver yet in this situation,  i assume the user is using an SDN script which may or may not have extra random solvers unless the script specifies.

i know. but the user was asking to download some randoms so they would work with a script, which they wouldn't unless the script was local so they could be implemented. I do understand the fact that a script can then override a Random Solver yet in this situation,  i assume the user is using an SDN script which may or may not have extra random solvers unless the script specifies.

No, you can have an SDN script running with a random package sitting in your local scripts.

The client pauses the current script your running and loads either:

A) It's own random solving script

cool.png The local random solving script, if it exists.

-------------

These aren't random solvers that are included by script writers.  You can specially write a completely separate script to handle a specific random event.

see http://osbot.org/forum/forum/101-randoms/ if you still don't understand.

As far as I'm concerned, this conversation is over.

Edited by dreamliner