Help! windows 8.1 freezes

The Hero of Time

has anyone had this before? i had no problems, and i decided i wanted to play call of duty black ops again, cause its so fkin awesome. Black ops 2 was no problem, but when i try to play bo1, i get the classic beeeeeeep freeze sound and sometimes my computer won't even start up after the freeze, monitor stays black. 

cleaned registry

set power to high performance

validated files of bo1 (Steam)

looked at google but can't really find anything that helps, anyone? pls? :(

I have the same issue with the computer moniter stays black....

yup same for me

the solution is windows 8.1 sucks.

get 7

srsly you still in that fase? lmao i didnt like windows 8 either but 8.1 is much better, the only difference is the start menu and it looks cool, search options are exactly the same as in win7

yup same for me

srsly you still in that fase? lmao i didnt like windows 8 either but 8.1 is much better, the only difference is the start menu and it looks cool, search options are exactly the same as in win7

My starts up makes a beeping sounds then it goes black......

I've had it sitting on for about 2 days... It just never loads sad.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have no complaints with windows 8 (personally on 8.1).  In fact, I prefer it over 7 strictly because of the amazing boot time.  GUI's come and go ... I got used to the win8 setup ...

As for the OP's issue, sounds like something's up with the graphics card.  Dunno if it's the actual card itself or if it's faulty with other pieces of hardware (bad PCI slot?  who knows).  You can try ruling out the software one last time by reinstalling the game.  I highly doubt being on windows 8 has anything to do with the issue.