cb down, please start any discussion I AM BORED

Oliver

Guest Apogee

I know virus can be hidden in pictures, but I don't know if its possible in .jpg

If they want you too look at a picture, tell them to use a screenshotting tool such as puush or a image uploading site ilike imgur. 

Be careful of this too, they can mask the link to make it look like it's from those sites, but the link will actually open another site. One that could me malicious

i never knew .png could contain virus... isnt that complete bullshit? o.O then, can .mp4, .avi, .mkv? ( one of the most torrented files xD)

With extension spoofer you can hide your virus in any .***, but they need to have exe/jar at the end of the file name, example omgnicemoviexe.mp4 this can be a virus. But you will notice as you don't get a movie just a error massage when running. There are ways to "melt" the virus into movies and still get the movie to work, as far as I know the file need to be .exe for that but they might have found a work around for that. Only download for trusted up loaders, eztv etc..

• Like 1

Having a mac doesn't mean you can't get viruses or stuff...

facep.gif

True, the best way to get free of the largest treat of viruses in Linux based systems without java installed. The only virus I know that works on Linux systems is based on java and if you don't have java it won't work.

There are probarly some viruses for Linux that I don't know but virus makers target a larger group of people as there are such a low percentage on Linux systems. Macs are a normal target as many mac users don't think they can get a virus and don't have any AV programs.

True, the best way to get free of the largest treat of viruses in Linux based systems without java installed. The only virus I know that works on Linux systems is based on java and if you don't have java it won't work.

There are probarly some viruses for Linux that I don't know but virus makers target a larger group of people as there are such a low percentage on Linux systems. Macs are a normal target as many mac users don't think they can get a virus and don't have any AV programs.

Mac users are usually ignorant.

My dad, for example, complains that his 64gb HDD 512MB Ram netbook he bought over 10 years ago that it's slow (after it's been dropped, had water spilt on it and hasn't been turned off in the past 3 years). He says if he had a Mac that it would be fine, but he's only having this problem with his windows.

He also has 'free super anti virus' and says it's the best thing possible and every other anti virus puts viruses on your laptop. He said he can't wait until he gets a Mac because then he will never get a virus and his laptop will never freeze.

I :facep: every time he tells me this. He even sold my mom on that and now my mom wants a Mac...

• Like 2

Mac users are usually ignorant.

My dad, for example, complains that his 64gb HDD 512MB Ram netbook he bought over 10 years ago that it's slow (after it's been dropped, had water spilt on it and hasn't been turned off in the past 3 years). He says if he had a Mac that it would be fine, but he's only having this problem with his windows.

He also has 'free super anti virus' and says it's the best thing possible and every other anti virus puts viruses on your laptop. He said he can't wait until he gets a Mac because then he will never get a virus and his laptop will never freeze.

I facep.gif every time he tells me this. He even sold my mom on that and now my mom wants a Mac...

my dad got a mb retina 15" a few days ago,

he asked me to set up some things for him so i did.

As he saw me typing, switching windows over the touchpad control and so on he started shouting that shall work slower as it would destroy the computer.

I just was link double face palm and answered: Why the hell do you buy an expensive computer with 8gb ram if you don't want to work FAST on it -.-

• Like 1

my dad got a mb retina 15" a few days ago,

he asked me to set up some things for him so i did.

As he saw me typing, switching windows over the touchpad control and so on he started shouting that shall work slower as it would destroy the computer.

I just was link double face palm and answered: Why the hell do you buy an expensive computer with 8gb ram if you don't want to work FAST on it -.-

Most parents are ignorant to technology. ;)

• Like 1