Verify your paypal on osbot

DPSkillaS

If you are really worried.

• Paypal balance payments only.
  • Ask to screen share and make them visit http://www.blockscript.com/ to see if they are blocking their IP.
  • Ask to be sent as a "Gift (Family & Friends)" as they cannot chargeback a gift.
  • Ask for an ID picture matching his/her paypal.

Wrong, paypal balance payments are most risky.

They're the most common cause of mass fraud, let me explain..

Chargebacker A and Chargebacker B hack paypal accounts, chargebacker A sends chargebacker B a large sum of money to his legitimate paypal account (so he wouldn't have a problem with passing most gold sellers ID request checks).

Chargebacker B's job is then to spend as much of that money on gold .

Example:

23f8e730ae.png

After Chargebacker B spends all the funds from his Paypal balance, it's usually at that time the first payment that Chargebacker A sent is chargeback. there maybe multiple payments that Chargebacker A sends (they're refereed to as a 'Sender' and Chargebacker B is called the 'Holder') - Paypal then wants to cover themselves and cover Chargebacker B's negative balance and holds all Chargebacker B's out going payments (payments he's sent to buy gold)

These types of chargebacks come up as 'Inquiry by Pay-Pay'

433627774f.png

Eventually Chargebacker B's payments will be returned to him, this then covers Chargebacker B's negative balance, but leaves him with x amount of gold that he sells for 'pure profit'

99% of the time, you will lose chargeback cases - even with ID/Proof of Address. 

The way we prevent these mass fraudulent payments is, requesting ID (as we do with every paypal transaction) and if they're a new customer - we ask for their paypal payment history. If there is a large sum of money going in and out of his account as seen in the first image that is a INSTANT refund no questions asked. Lastly, we make sure most bulk buyers have a confirmed paypal address,

Non-confirmed:

81b3318f26.png

Confirmed:

6ac2895bf0.png

What them having a confirmed paypal address means, that we could send them a letter as long as it's TRACKED AND SIGNED for and win any unauthorized case. Aslong as their payment is NOT a gift, and their address is CONFIRMED.

So sorry, but no support since requesting ID from someone does not stop chargebacks and it would lead to a large number of fraudulent payments and confusion with people thinking they're going to be covered in the event of a chargeback, which with having ID alone will not do.

sorry for the novel but I thought I'd share with you the common myths when it comes to paypal biggrin.png

wub.png

• Like 3

the reason the major gold sellers like rs walmart ask for id is not just for identity theft but because they have proof that it is you.  If the seller never sees it and the buyer charges back then they cant call paypal and say " Oh but he is osbot verified"  He would need to message an image to paypal..

Lol, you needed this.

People still chargeback regardless. You can own the pp or not and still chargeback and win...

What if OSbot had it's own currency which you exchange for paypal.

Eg: I buy $10 worth of OSCoins, I have an account balance of $10OSCOINS which I can spend in the marketplace.

You then sell those $10 worth of OSCoins for gp and chargeback OSBot. The coins you purchased will then be lost so the person you gave it to will then lose it.

The amount of ignorance I'm getting from this thread is astonishing. You guys are basically saying everything wrong thinking it's right.... Wtf?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you are really worried.

• Paypal balance payments only.
  • Ask to screen share and make them visit http://www.blockscript.com/ to see if they are blocking their IP.
  • Ask to be sent as a "Gift (Family & Friends)" as they cannot chargeback a gift.
  • Ask for an ID picture matching his/her paypal.

This. Being safe will prevent most problems.