Verify your paypal on osbot

DPSkillaS

So after being in the trading market for a few months I noticed a big problem that gold sellers are constantly afraid of.  Charge Backs!!!

Now there are many ways to prevent this, but in most cases the gold seller will ask the buyer to send them a irl ID confirming that they have access to the PayPal and that is in fact not hacked.  Unfortunately a lot of people are afraid of Identity theft and refuse to give their ID out to anyone.

So heres an Idea I came up with, I doubt it will ever actually be used but its an idea. 

Rather than having each individual gold mercher/seller have their customers verify their paypal for the first time.  If OSbot had a paypal verification system, as long as they use the same e-mail linked to their osbot account to make payment you know its already been verified that they are the rightful owner of the paypal.  Then you can check their feedbacks to see if they are charging back or not.  I feel people would be much more comfortable sending their licences to an admin on OSbot to verify their paypal than someone like me.

Once again this is just a thought, but I feel like it will eliminate chargebacks for the most part, and make it very easy for people to know if it's actually their paypal or not.

• Like 10

so its almost like playerauctions?

OT: Support , even tho i dont even have paypal.

Yeah very similar only the market place will be the same as it is now, you can just view their verified PP address on their profile, or maybe it should be private.  But proveable.

Good idea imo. I wouldn't just send my personal info to anyone.

Yeah exactly, nobody ever does. But we really do need to confirm that its actually their PP

Just a side note, maybe we can have semi-confirmed PP which means its  the same email used to pay for VIP/sponsor/scripts :)

I Think it could be made better than just an e-mail match up to your OS account.

should make it that if you wish to buy anything through Paypal with someone on OSBOT you have to send a 0.05c payment to OSbot paypal. after 7days you get a verified icon as it's passed the 7 day charge back of an unauthorized payment.

i find this issue regularly buying/selling gold i get asked for my ID but they wont take a .jpg file for obvious reasons so my drivers licence must be uploaded to a public picture forum for ANYONE too see it i feel super uncomfortable doing this but have no choice..

i was on a site once where this was the actual method they used you sent in your ID with a picture of yourself holding a sign the email of the paypal and a small 0.01c amount too verify that it is your paypal

I Think it could be made better than just an e-mail match up to your OS account.

should make it that if you wish to buy anything through Paypal with someone on OSBOT you have to send a 0.05c payment to OSbot paypal. after 7days you get a verified icon as it's passed the 7 day charge back of an unauthorized payment.

Yeah this would be a good way for the admins to confirm your PP actually yours.  They can do this based on script/vip/sponsor purchases itself.  Easy way to get this system going without having mods spend time approving peoples ID's

i find this issue regularly buying/selling gold i get asked for my ID but they wont take a .jpg file for obvious reasons so my drivers licence must be uploaded to a public picture forum for ANYONE too see it i feel super uncomfortable doing this but have no choice..

i was on a site once where this was the actual method they used you sent in your ID with a picture of yourself holding a sign the email of the paypal and a small 0.01c amount too verify that it is your paypal

Exactly its fucked up that we need to upload our ID imgur.... and I like the idea of that site your talking about, would be a great way for osbot admins to verify that our paypal is infact our paypal