Script Updates! [SUGGESTION]

idontbot

Not sure how easy this will be since most plugins for things like that are already made and just installed.

Something like that would have to be custom made and I'm not sure exactly how much work it would be to make it.

When SDN scripts are updated currently, are they automatically pushed out to the OSBot client, or do you need to manually download the SDN update? If a script updates are you ever notified of it or get a changelog, or does it all just happen in the back?

Most people just buy a handful of scripts and can easily check up on the script thread every now and then to see if an update has happened and read a changelog though. 

I just don't see the big benefit of letting everyone know all of the scripts which have updated recently, plus it will just add more clutter to the forum homepage.

• Like 1

I think the best solution would be for OSBot itself to have a changelog/update popup OR have the users receive a PM when a script they use has been updated.

There are tons of scripts on the SDN and not every user cares about every one, just the few that each individual user has downloaded matters to them. So notifying them on a more personal basis would be best. That way only the people that need/care about them get them.

• 2 months later...