few tips how to not get ban?

kharzak

I've had some decent success botting several 99's in F2P (and no garbo fast skills like cooking) without getting any bans, F2P XP rates are way slower as well.

My approach isn't very useful if you're just trying to use alts to make cash/rwt etc and of course it could just be coincidental that I've not been banned but my account has lasted several years where 95% of the time played has been using OSBot, so it has survived ban waves. My general approach has been to think about how an actual humanbeing would play/build an account and adjust my botting behavior around this.

• First when I started my account I made sure that the account didn't seem "expendable", so I used an old login ID instead of a freshly created one.
  • I made sure it had all the things a legit account would have but a mass botter would never be bothered to do, security questions, 2-factor authentication, email linked to the account etc.
  • I always familiarize myself with a script very well and figure out all of its patterns and issues before I leave it unsupervised for longer periods of time. A script might work perfectly for 20 hours then you find out that because of a ground object that obfuscates a tile near your leveling area, the bot will on rare occasions get stuck clicking the same shit for hours and hours.
  • I don't bother with proxies because lists of proxy IP's are available online, of course a legit player could also be using a proxy but the likeliness that the person is cheating is probably way, way higher. Unless you know exactly wtf you're doing with proxies, or you're simply suicide botting I'd say don't bother.
  • I started out playing the account legit for a couple hours here and there but using the OSBot client, incase the client itself causes some immediate suspicion. I wanted to avoid being caught while the incentive to watch my player behavior was the strongest.
  • When I started mixing in some botting and some legit playing I made sure to keep my habits a bit varied, especially at the start. Once you reach most stats to like ~70 and you've completed some quests and other side activities it makes more sense that a player would be inclined to grind 1 specific skill for longer periods of time, at that point people are generally trying to hit the milestone of 99's.
  • I only bot within a schedule that makes sense, my IP is located within a certain timezone so I don't bot over night and try to take breaks that make some logical sense. I don't do retarded stuff like play for 50 hours straight taking a break every 4 hours for 1-2 hours. At that point you might as well bot without breaks 24/7, from a player behavior perspective it's basically the same.
  • I keep in mind human fatigue when botting, I don't do super click intensive activities for 14 hours a day every day. If I wanna bot a lot of hours I do mostly semi-afk activities even if it lowers my xp/h slightly or I do a couple of hours of click intensive stuff, take a small break and then do something more afk. The closer I am to 99 the more I allow myself to tunnel on 1 activity and play more intensely, real players do this as well.
  • I only run 1 account at once per PC.

Basically don't just turn your brain off and your bot on. When you're botting, botting is the game. 🤔

Edited by osrsf2p
  • Heart 1