Best way to implement random camera turns

scottgreen

Making a fishing script & wondering what the best implementation is with regards to making the script randomly turn the camera around every so often for antiban.

Right now I'm randomly generating a number, and if its greater than a certain number it will run a function which pulls a random degree (0-360) and inputs it, but I feel like there's a better way to do this.

Rotating camera is very bad antiban if you ask me, you should prefer being more idle compared to doing pointless actions. (Just my opninion :))
Maybe if you can move it with the mouse instead of the arrow keys it might be usefull

This is how I used to do it in the past if you still wanna do it anyway 😉
Well either you can rotate completely random:

getCamera().moveYaw(Utils.randInt(0, 359));

or based around your current angle:

getCamera().moveYaw((getCamera().getYawAngle() + Utils.randInt(-90, 90)) % 360);

The Utils.randInt() is just a random number generator between 2 values incase you were wondering

Edited by Khaleesi
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

1 hour ago, Khaleesi said:

Rotating camera is very bad antiban if you ask me, you should prefer being more idle compared to doing pointless actions. (Just my opninion :))
Maybe if you can move it with the mouse instead of the arrow keys it might be usefull

This is how I used to do it in the past if you still wanna do it anyway 😉
Well either you can rotate completely random:

getCamera().moveYaw(Utils.randInt(0, 359));

or based around your current angle:

getCamera().moveYaw((getCamera().getYawAngle() + Utils.randInt(-90, 90)) % 360);

The Utils.randInt() is just a random number generator between 2 values incase you were wondering

I won't be using it too much, it just looks a bit botty running the script for a while & my screen hasn't moved at all haha

What would be the best way to call it? This is what I'm working with right now.

idea64_N3x6J3ebB6.png

Edited by scottgreen

2 hours ago, scottgreen said:

I won't be using it too much, it just looks a bit botty running the script for a while & my screen hasn't moved at all haha

What would be the best way to call it? This is what I'm working with right now.

idea64_N3x6J3ebB6.png

Probably user a timer to rotate your camera every few minutes or whatever you want :)
You camera will be rotating a lot if you are going to do it this way + it's harder to control
+ Your if check doesn't do anything atm 😉

Edited by Khaleesi