Timberscape

6 hours ago, BananaTown said:

i have a different local version that just stops on lvl 36 in the onloop method. I do plan on adding CLI support to actually allow you to do that. I appreciate the idea of stopping at a certain amount of logs. I hadn't thought of that. Only reason I have yet to do so is because I have a lot of real life obligations that have made this less of a priority than it once was. I do plan on adding that though. 

I would love to add some CLI to my scripts as well, CLI Is like... those interfaces to select or deselect options before the script starts? On the other hand, it's also super convenient to just slap "Start" and does everything you need. I would like the version you have that stops at 36... maybe you can make a post for it with the jar link in unofficial scripts??

7 hours ago, TheCongregation said:

I would love to add some CLI to my scripts as well, CLI Is like... those interfaces to select or deselect options before the script starts? On the other hand, it's also super convenient to just slap "Start" and does everything you need. I would like the version you have that stops at 36... maybe you can make a post for it with the jar link in unofficial scripts??

you're thinking of a GUI, cli is a command line interface. In practice with osbot this means you can launch a specific bot, with a specific script, with specific command line arguments for this script. you can find tonnes of examples of this on the forum. But these are separate things. I do not think i will add a GUI to this script, as I already have a version with one, and i just do not like it. I will be implementing CLI at some point though to allow for more customizable usage. Keep in mind this is a free script so this will happen when I feel like it™️

Good idea to post the 36wc in unofficial scripts. didn't think it'd be worth it but if you want it i'm sure other people do as well. Ill be posting it soon™️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BananaTown said:

you're thinking of a GUI, cli is a command line interface. In practice with osbot this means you can launch a specific bot, with a specific script, with specific command line arguments for this script. you can find tonnes of examples of this on the forum. But these are separate things. I do not think i will add a GUI to this script, as I already have a version with one, and i just do not like it. I will be implementing CLI at some point though to allow for more customizable usage. Keep in mind this is a free script so this will happen when I feel like it™️

Good idea to post the 36wc in unofficial scripts. didn't think it'd be worth it but if you want it i'm sure other people do as well. Ill be posting it soon™️

Right! A GUI. Something User Interface. So I'm guessing the CLI is still like the GUI in the way it allows you to customize the script. I thought mate, that CLI was only to do with bot manager, are you saying one can take advantage of CLI without bot manager? 

And awesome that you will post it, it means I can just wait until it logs out rather than babysit it to 36. 36 WC gives just over 550 oak logs which is what I need...

EDIT: Additionally if you can make it so it cuts normal logs until level 20 so that in total it harvests 159 normal logs from level 1 that would be perfect

Edited by TheCongregation
realized if you have coded the bot to stop at a certain level then to stop cutting normal logs at a certain level should be doable

1 hour ago, TheCongregation said:

Right! A GUI. Something User Interface. So I'm guessing the CLI is still like the GUI in the way it allows you to customize the script. I thought mate, that CLI was only to do with bot manager, are you saying one can take advantage of CLI without bot manager? 

And awesome that you will post it, it means I can just wait until it logs out rather than babysit it to 36. 36 WC gives just over 550 oak logs which is what I need...

EDIT: Additionally if you can make it so it cuts normal logs until level 20 so that in total it harvests 159 normal logs from level 1 that would be perfect

here's pretty much everything u need to know about CLI. Keep in mind, some of this will come with a understanding of CLI interfaces, outside of osbot. 

And whenever i actually get around to adding CLI ill make ur version first as it should take like ~10 minutes to make and release it in unofficial scripts. 

• Mald 1

22 hours ago, TheCongregation said:

After looking at my code, this would be significantly harder than one might expect. This is because of the way I wrote level progression. It would require a complete re-write for this to be possible passed level 15. I would recommend looking at either Czar's or Khals wc script for that specifically. 

Still going to add CLI with the hard stops though if anyone wants. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BananaTown said:

After looking at my code, this would be significantly harder than one might expect. This is because of the way I wrote level progression. It would require a complete re-write for this to be possible passed level 15. I would recommend looking at either Czar's or Khals wc script for that specifically. 

Still going to add CLI with the hard stops though if anyone wants. 

That's chill lad no worries 

• 4 weeks later...